Author Topic: Rapid Left Bumper??  (Read 2261 times)

Offline rpm9719

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Rapid Left Bumper??
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:50:53 AM »
Hi everyone!! I'm here seaking the help of those who are smarter than I. (which really isn't that hard to be) lol   I am sorry if there is a discussion already on this topic.  But I searched a little first.  My question may be a bit too specific but any and all help is welcomed.  Thanks in advance!!

So I purchased a XCM Chrome case with lighted buttons and thumbsticks and an intensifire v2.0 rapid fire kit.  This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my brother but I got screwed by gamermodz first but thanks to paypal No money loss. 

Now I am planning on modding this setup and adding a dropshot tact switch for the COD series.  I'm not totally sure how yet but i will figure it out.  He also plays Tiger Woods golf games and i thought it would be cool if i could add a rapid fire Left Bumper for his power boost.  I was leaning towards using a 555 timer but wasn't sure if this would be my best bet. 

Has anyone tried this or have any suggestions on my best way to do this on this setup?  I can use either a CG or a matrix board I have one of each. 

I'm sure I've left out some important detail but I will check back often if I did.

thanks again
Joe

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Rapid Left Bumper??
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:07:06 AM »
hello you want to use a cg board as these are the best to use for rf and dropshot mods for a dropshot  tact switch you want to connect 1 side of the tact to ground and the other tact to the b trace ill find that out for ya asap as for rf on left bumper use a simple 555 timer connected to a potentiometer to control sps or the speed setting the again ill need to find you the lb bumper spot will do that for you aswell just need viking 360 permission to use 1 or 2 of there pictures

Post Merge: January 30, 2011, 10:12:54 AM
here is the trace layout for the cg1 the red trace is b button you want to stick a wire in the hole and connect to 1 side of the tact button and the other for ground all the other colours are colour coded to the corosponding button witch is abxy there all in a line as for the lb button left bumper that is the trace with the brown colour over it
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:12:55 AM by Famas »

Offline rpm9719

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 11:40:41 PM »
THANKS Famas

That should be a huge help!!!

For the 555 timer should i follow the instructions posted by modded matt?
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,25338.0.html

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:18 AM »
its ok mate its should work with the left bumper just make sure you put in a variable resistor to control the shots per second but i wouldnt think there would be a mod lock or speed setting on the left bumper so you have a open market there lol do you no how to scrape traces to solder to as theres a tutorial picture i can get you there might be 1 mess up youll have to come across ? how will it no when to rapid fire the button and when not i suggest an extra tact switch you might have to use a transistor for control hyper youd no more on this matt ?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:58 AM »
famas, you did good until the last post, you confused me with that one. I think you are refuring to turning the 555 timer on and off. apparently you are not familiar with my 555 tut. as it contains a on off slide switch. the 555 cannot simply be turned on and off with a tact. (it would need another flipflop/transistor even then it may still bleed through) the best way is to cut power with a latching switch as I have shown in my tut.

my grahmar is not the best either. lol but try to atleast use a period when you end a sentence.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:20:53 AM by modded matt »

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
You all need google chrome, or a spell check plugin for firefox, think what hes trying to say is you should have a tact switch to control when it's RF or not, but you may need a transistor. (just read your post matt, just added in the last bit to make it not seem like spam)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:01:17 AM »
think what hes trying to say is you should have a tact switch to control when it's RF or not, but you may need a transistor. 

right, when its rf or not, this would be turning the mod chip on and turning the mod chip off. I tried it with a transistor at one point but never got there, it would lower the voltage, but still blead a signal through. It needs a flipflop, and then still may not work by simple button press.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:01:41 AM by modded matt »

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
what i was trying to say is that with a 555 timer as ive never used it when the mod chip is on and working would it be rapid fireing all the time as then wouldnt you need 1 tact switch to turn the timer off and on and 1 tact switch to send the pulses to the trigger with a transistor ? the trigger being the left bumper

Offline rpm9719

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 04:32:22 PM »
ok so i  got everything all hooked up and I'm 99% sure  did it all correctly.  Now My LB doesn't work at all Switch on or off.  I'm using the CG board.  I had some issues with the b button for drop shot as i damaged the trace.  I got it fixed and now working a circuit pen from radio shack.  I'm toying with changing the board to my matrix.  i found the traces diagram but not sure how the matrix board works can I just hook up the tact switch to both sides of the button traces on the board?  Also how do you suggest hooking the LB up to the 555 timer on that board? 

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 04:34:40 PM »
on a matrix you will have to scrape the black bit of each side of the button and solder 1 to each side of the tact that will work

Offline rpm9719

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
and where would i hook both legs of the transistor for the 555 timer mod for LB? 

Post Merge: February 02, 2011, 04:46:44 PM
Does anyone know how I made the LB stop working all together?  I hooked to the pink trace on the bottom side of the board with the collector leg and to ground with the emitter leg of the transister. 

this is the traces i used.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,34544.0.html

Post Merge: February 02, 2011, 06:29:06 PM
nevermind guys i figured it out.

Thanks again for all the help!!

Post Merge: February 02, 2011, 09:36:21 PM
Matt

I got everything together and the LB works with the switch turned off to the 555 timer.  as soon as i turn the switch on it makes a button press of the LB and the nothing.  I'm really having trouble with it can you give me any direction to try?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:36:21 PM by rpm9719 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal