Author Topic: Expert Advice Needed  (Read 1852 times)

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Expert Advice Needed
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:04:02 PM »
Hey guys. Im a novice when it comes to the NDS. Ive been more in the PSP scene myself. However, i could really use some help.

A few months ago, my girlfriend gave me her old Ds lite because the top screen was not working. I took it apart and found that it had a tear in the ribbon. The rest of the DS still worked perfectly. As i was reassembling it, i tore the ribbon the rest of the way across. Now, it will turn on to the warning screen, and then flash off. I was just wondering if the top screen could have any affect on why the ds wont turn on.

As a side note, i dont have the charger, so it could be the battery has died, but i have no idea.

Thanks.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: Expert Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:15:50 PM »
Hey guys. Im a novice when it comes to the NDS. Ive been more in the PSP scene myself. However, i could really use some help.

A few months ago, my girlfriend gave me her old Ds lite because the top screen was not working. I took it apart and found that it had a tear in the ribbon. The rest of the DS still worked perfectly. As i was reassembling it, i tore the ribbon the rest of the way across. Now, it will turn on to the warning screen, and then flash off. I was just wondering if the top screen could have any affect on why the ds wont turn on.

As a side note, i dont have the charger, so it could be the battery has died, but i have no idea.

Thanks.

It sounds like the battery is dead.  Also, if that ribbon is ripped, the ds shouldn't turn on.  If you charge the battery, and replace the topscreen, it will definitely function properly again.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
Thanks a ton man. She has been wanting me to fix it up so I can play games with her. I just wanted to know if there were any other issues before I shelled out on a new top screen.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »
Its the top screen. If both screens flashes and then turn off its a problem with the top screen. I worked for Nintendo here in my country and when I had this problem when you replaced the top screen you fixed it

I hope to help you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal