Author Topic: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans  (Read 343185 times)

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2020, 05:03:01 AM »
Hi everyone, I have got a nasty problem. I have tried to mod (scuff) the controller, and what I have done was drilling this hole, and I end up with a drilled out point of contact. Is there any way to reconnect the spot or bypass it somehow? Thx for all ideas.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2020, 07:55:07 AM »
Put a wire thru the hole and solder it to the trace on both sides to restore the via you obliterated.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2020, 08:41:50 AM »
The thing is there is no hole in there. Via is so small as hell without tunnel inside.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
Yeah none of that makes any sense. If the Vis is still in there then the hole in the center of the Via is there, just has solder mask in it. If the Via is gone, then there is a hole where the Via was. Either way, put a wire thru the hole and solder it to the trace on both sides that the Via originally connected. You might need to use a Pin Vise and a very small bit to clear the Via/hole, but it's either that or you run the wire around the board to the same spots on the traces. There is going to be no large and easy to solder to places for you to repair that kind of damage. Most all of the DS4 boards are pretty unforgiving when they get damaged like that, and using something like the SFX makes doing that duplicate button kind of thing a much easier task.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »
Via is there, but it looks like the drilled rivet situation, the core is inside but the trace around is damaged. Solder doesn't want stick to it anymore and i don't feel good with scraping trace close to another one. I will by remapper later, and my question is there another x spot to bypass this one?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:54:00 PM by wirPL »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2020, 12:51:25 PM »
Follow the trace and you'll find another Via at the other end or it. All you'll get is your duplicate X to work though, the original one will still be dead.

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2020, 01:04:11 PM »

I think u didn't understand me but correct me if i am wrong. What i was thinking off is to hot wire from the remapper x spot to another end of this trace. I believe the via i messed up is reversed one from this pading which is connected to this foil for buttons on top.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:14:33 PM by wirPL »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2020, 01:13:25 PM »
If you are trying to repair the controller so that it will function normally again, then I've already told you how you'll need to do that, twice. X is pad 11 if you're not going to go straight thru the board and run the wire around it, and then you'll still need to follow that bottom side trace to the end and use it's other Via to jumper the pad 11 Via to so it will all work again.

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
https://ibb.co/x7GQMCX
https://ibb.co/Wf4yRND
here is the plan. I only want to trace the cable from source to another end of this trace. I think 1 and 2 is the same via and the x mark is another end of x trace ,but correct me if my conclusions about tracing and idea is correct.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:22:51 PM by wirPL »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »
The trace ends at pad 11 for the X button. You need to go from the back of the board, X spot you have circled, to the top of the board, Via at pad 11. They are numbered, 1-17 is top row, 2-18 is bottom row.

Offline wirPL

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
That is exactly what i am going to do. thx for your time and advice.

Offline ZhenyaKa

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
Anybody can help me?

JDM-030

When wired works fine with PC.

Also I can connect it via BT with Android phone. It continously blinks (waits for linking) and no any problem.

But if I press PS button (when it linked with phone) it connect to phone and after one second or less it writes weak battery (icon with ! shows) and disconnects.

Battery is fine. I charged and discharged it with OPUS- BT-C3100.

Where to dig to find the problem?

Offline Achok

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2020, 11:53:02 AM »
I need pcb traces for ps button for  jdm 011model

Offline sergei

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »
Привет.Напишите пожалуйста номинал.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
@ Achok - Pad 10 is the PS button. There is a 0 ohm Resistor, top side of the board, just to the left of the oblong hole for the Daughter board connections, you can us that for PS. The other side of it is Ground.

@ sergei - All of those are Resistors, 100k, 0402 size

Offline Achok

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »
@ Achok - Pad 10 is the PS button. There is a 0 ohm Resistor, top side of the board, just to the left of the oblong hole for the Daughter board connections, you can us that for PS. The other side of it is Ground.

@ sergei - All of those are Resistors, 100k, 0402 size

i damaged the 10 pad trying to desolder a wire so it not an option

r u talking about this resistor

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2020, 02:13:25 PM »
Correct.

Offline Achok

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2020, 02:37:39 PM »
Correct.
do u know alternative vias for the 10 pad

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »
There are none, that trace stays on top of the board and goes directly to the MCU, so it's the Resistor, the Cap just to the left of the Resistor, or nothing.

Offline Shane_28282828

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »
Hello I have a question about installing smart triggers. Does anyone know where I'd solder on the board to install them on jdm board 40 and 55without buying a modchip? From what I read I know I'd need to buy different resistors but that's all I know.

Offline Achok

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #260 on: May 03, 2020, 07:41:04 AM »
There are none, that trace stays on top of the board and goes directly to the MCU, so it's the Resistor, the Cap just to the left of the Resistor, or nothing.

thank u so much may god  keep  u and ur family safe

Offline GoDlike

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2020, 10:55:29 AM »
Hello,

First I would like to thank You very much for schemes and help. People like You should be proud of what you do.  With your help I've fixed LED board connector which was broken on my DualShock 4.

However, after soldering everything I realized that my DS4 LED started working but there's still no connection to USB. After I investigated the board I spotted that there's a missing element on the PCB. Im attaching a photo with the missing element marked with a yellow circle:

This element wasn't present on the board when I got it (previous owner failed to repair the controller), so I have no clue what it is but I still need to have it to fix USB connection. Does anyone know what it is? I suppose it may be a resistor but I'm not sure which one.

Board is JDM-055, DualShock 4 500 Million LE.

I will be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:58:17 AM by GoDlike »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2020, 12:02:32 PM »
It's a common mode choke. Basically 2 Inductors in the same package. No idea on the exact specs of it, but you could just jumper 2 small wires in there to test it before going thru the process of trying to source one. Best place to get it would be from a donor board, but it's not a super critical part. The connections thru it are just straight thru like the traces are, so = is how the wires would be installed.

Offline GoDlike

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2020, 12:07:18 PM »
Thank you for reply. Hmm I hoped this won't be that hard to fix. Could this be reason of why USB connection and charging doesn't work?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2020, 12:13:41 PM »
Yes. Those 2 lines are the D+ and D- of the USB.

Offline GoDlike

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2020, 12:17:08 PM »
You're my savior man. I just donated the site. I'm not a rich person but I just wanted to say thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:19:23 PM by GoDlike »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
Good deal, welcome.

Offline ormondbeach

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2020, 04:30:19 AM »
Dear RDC,

I have JDM-030 controller which works fine with usb connected to DS4windows. All buttons works good and charging and rattling. When I plug the usb off the device is not turning on with the battery power itself. I tested the battery seperately on another controller and it is operational. I suspect that coke spilled on the board previously. I brushed the board gently with alcohol and cleaned it well. Any idea which components or connections I can test to find the problem.

Thank you

https://ibb.co/1vxzRCj
https://ibb.co/4JT4DCG
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:33:14 AM by ormondbeach »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
For it to charge the battery but not run off of it is odd. Is it actually charging the battery? or just saying it is charging? What does the battery voltage measure with it unplugged from the USB? then plugged in?

I'm not seeing much damage on there, but looking under the BGA chip is next tom impossible. There is a spot over at the right stick on top of the board, but doubt that would cause it, then a couple of suspect vias in the middle on the bottom that look dark.

Does the PS button work when plugged into the PS4 or using the HTML5 Gamepad Tester?

Offline ormondbeach

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2020, 01:41:25 AM »
For it to charge the battery but not run off of it is odd. Is it actually charging the battery? or just saying it is charging? What does the battery voltage measure with it unplugged from the USB? then plugged in?

I'm not seeing much damage on there, but looking under the BGA chip is next tom impossible. There is a spot over at the right stick on top of the board, but doubt that would cause it, then a couple of suspect vias in the middle on the bottom that look dark.

Does the PS button work when plugged into the PS4 or using the HTML5 Gamepad Tester?

Thanks for getting back to my question.

I used the battery in another working controller and it works fine. I used a working battery on my faulty one also and it didnt fire up. PS button works fine under HTML Gamepad tester. Its just not firing up when I unplug from usb; under battery power. I also disconnected the 10 pin touchpad ribbon incase there is a short circuit but still no luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal