Author Topic: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans  (Read 345512 times)

Offline Z3nmur0n

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: DualShock 4 Controller PCB scans
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2021, 12:01:06 PM »
Hello guys. First of all, i beg your pardon for my english, it isn't my first language. =P
Well, some time ago i bought a PS4 controller as original, but i found some months later it was a parallel one, since the analogs started to drift a lot. I ended up buying another one to use and this one was laying here, so i thought about trying to mode it into a scuf controller, and my first doubt was the layout of the PCB, since it's different of all the models i've seen through the web, and i'd like to ask for some advice as to where are mapped the buttons in it, or even if that remapping flex cable could be used in this case (what would be much more convenient), and what model i should use.
I'm leaving the link to some pics i've taken from the front and back of the pcb. If more images or details are needed, i can do it without a problem.
Thanks in advance for any help. :tup:

http://imgur.com/gallery/EzKhhF3

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2021, 12:06:15 PM »
Hello guys. First of all, i beg your pardon for my english, it isn't my first language. =P
Well, some time ago i bought a PS4 controller as original, but i found some months later it was a parallel one, since the analogs started to drift a lot. I ended up buying another one to use and this one was laying here, so i thought about trying to mode it into a scuf controller, and my first doubt was the layout of the PCB, since it's different of all the models i've seen through the web, and i'd like to ask for some advice as to where are mapped the buttons in it, or even if that remapping flex cable could be used in this case (what would be much more convenient), and what model i should use.
I'm leaving the link to some pics i've taken from the front and back of the pcb. If more images or details are needed, i can do it without a problem.
Thanks in advance for any help. :tup:

http://imgur.com/gallery/EzKhhF3
dump this, its useless

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »
@ wickated - Your next post can either be helpful, or it can be your last.

@ Z3nmur0n - The SFX or the Remapped may or may not work on that thing. No way to tell that unless I had one of them here to look over and see if the contacts would all line up the same. It looks like that thing is mostly a common ground setup, so it really is just a matter of tracing out the button board and then tracing the motherboard there to find out what TP spot on there is for what.

@ PortU40 - The PS button goes straight to the MCU, so it's the Daughterboard (membrane) or the contacts on it or the contacts on the motherboard or the motherboard has a damaged trace or a bad solder joint at the MCU or a bad or corrupt MCU.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 04:13:23 AM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Z3nmur0n

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2021, 02:38:17 PM »
I see. Well, i'll try to find the correct tracks here, and if i have any news or doubt, i'll post here again. Maybe can be useful for anyone else someday.
Well, thx for now RDC!

Offline monoql21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2021, 12:19:01 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. But I have knew this page for a while and it's very helpful so this time I want to do a question.

I was changing the right analog stick from a jdm-011 and accidentally I burned/ripped off a pad. The one in the picture to be specific.

https://pasteboard.co/K69E7G4.jpg

Now, it has a drift problem in the same analog to the same direction (upper right) everytime( i replaced it like 3 times). So, i want to know if this pad has to do something about this problem, Where I would have to bridge this pad to repair it?. I'm still learning and I'm not sure how to follow the traces. When I look that pad looks like a dead end for me.

Thanks for the help!!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:19:45 PM by monoql21 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
That spot is just for R3, as well as the one directly above it, so as long as that works then it's fine as is.

Drifting is caused by the controller being calibrated at the factory with the original stick in there and then when it gets replaced it's most times a little bit 'off' from that calibration, thus it will drift. Look around the forums here, there are several ways to deal with that drifting issue.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline monoql21

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2021, 12:54:15 PM »
Yes, the R3 works fine.

Thanks, I'm gonna read in the forums looking for the drifting problem.

Offline Aquiarious89

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2021, 11:21:28 AM »
Let me know if you find anything I have the same issue

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2021, 10:01:12 PM »
Let me know if you find anything I have the same issue

Try the orange version of these and replace both instead of just one. They don?t last as long as the greens but they have less guess work when you can?t find a green one that works and isn?t from a donor board.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R7RJ4KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_041TF7XYTPCXNADGBHH5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Offline demuffin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2021, 09:38:32 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know the values of these 2 components on the JDM-011 board? Thank you in advance!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2021, 09:55:20 PM »
That's not a JDM-011, that's the JDM-001. They are both 10k, 0402.

Offline demuffin

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »
That's not a JDM-011, that's the JDM-001. They are both 10k, 0402.

Oh right, pardon my mistake. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!  :laughing:

Offline 10785740

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2021, 03:34:27 AM »
Hello, how can I find the button in Jdm-040 board?
Want to wire to joystick.
And make it with LED.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 04:11:02 AM by RDC »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2021, 04:12:40 AM »
You want to do what?

Offline 10785740

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2021, 06:57:12 AM »
I want to find the button location and wire to joystick button.(I have a old joystick with 8 button)

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »
Do you mean you want to make an arcade stick with that DS4 controller?

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2021, 12:29:29 AM »
I want to find the button location and wire to joystick button.(I have a old joystick with 8 button)
no need to find anything onboard since there are additional flex boards like this

https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43790.0.html
https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,44001.0.html

Offline gohan224

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2021, 09:16:39 AM »
someone know how the red chip in top picture of jdm-020 on left side of the left analog stick is called? it got the number 7710 421a9 written on it. can this chip break charging? I have a controller which can't charge, everything else is fine. changing battery, jds-011, ribbon band didn't help. the chip looks like it missing some part on one edge.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project

Offline MOCCOR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
Hi, I have a JDM-055 controller and am trying to figure out which of these is the square button. I saw the post said its slightly different, but in the same spot, but I am not 100% confident. I think it is this one circled in blue but would just like a second opinion before scratching it. Thanks a lot for the info
https://imgur.com/a/bkYOzCV

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2021, 06:20:07 PM »
Just follow pad 18 of the connector, and the first via you come to will be it, and it will not be that one.

Offline MOCCOR

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2021, 06:32:23 PM »
Just follow pad 18 of the connector, and the first via you come to will be it, and it will not be that one.
I appreciate it, thank you for the help.

Offline TheOneForTheJob

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #322 on: September 14, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »
Hi, I wanted to mod a dualshock 4 with back buttons. Now, I use my DS4 on PC using gyro and input remappers and whatnot. So, essentially this means that binding back buttons to face buttons is not the best idea for me and binding it to something like share or options would be better because then I can have 4 actions on my face buttons and also have different actions on my back buttons. Touchpad button would be the most important one because that doesn't take away any buttons because I can map the touchpad button when no touch is detected (back button) to one command and touchpad buttons (left and right side) when touch is detected to 2 seperate actions.

So, best case scenario, I would want touchpad button, options, share, and R3. I know that for the touchpad one I just solder to one of the button's "legs", I think for R3 I need to solder to the far left metal bump and a diagonal one. But I don't know where the vias are for options and share. I don't know if it even is theoretically possible, but if it is I would love to know how thank you.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2021, 01:31:51 PM »
R3 is an active Hi button, so you need to wire you're new button up to both of those connections for the duplicate R3.

The rest are all active Lo and can share the same connection to ground. No idea what version of the controller that you are working on there, so can't specify any best location to solder to, but there is always the connection right at the existing button. Any lead of the button in question, Share, Options, TP that isn't going to ground, is the button line you want.

Offline TheOneForTheJob

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2021, 02:37:23 AM »
I am getting a new one to do this mod on cause my old one broke so it should be jdm-055.

For the R3 which connections are you talking about? The bottom left metal bump and the bump up and right from it?

Does sharing a connection to ground mean that they can't activate together?

I've been having trouble finding it exactly since I'm new to this whole thing. Figured out that the face buttons, dpad, r1 l1 all go through the flex PCB and then connect to the motherboard and then following them you can see the face button visa, but options and share don't go through the flex PCB but I don't have a controller on me to see where it goes to.

Offline TheOneForTheJob

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »
Also, I'm guessing that to get the touchpad button wired I do have to just solder to a "leg" as I suspected?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2021, 03:02:07 PM »
There are 2 leads on the TP button that could be used, only one needs to be connected though, the other 2 will be grounds.

The Options and Share buttons are not on the FPC because they are on the top side of the motherboard in the corners there directly under where the button part you press on is.

For R3, of the the 4 leads for it, just pick 2 that are diagonal on it and you'll have that one done. For example..

x  o

o  x

The only way for the active Lo buttons to register a press is if the button line is grounded. You can share the grounds for those 3 buttons, or run a single wire for each one, it will work the same way.

Offline TheOneForTheJob

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »
So could I connect the lower left leg of the touchpad button or is that ground?Also do you know which of them are grounds so that I can connect the options and share dupes to the touchpad ground (would mean I can get away with using shorter cables for options and share). Also I can see the vias that is for the options and share button but near the share one there is another little bump which is pretty close. So is it possible that I can solder to the other side of the motherboard or is that not how it works?

Offline dj_amir

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »
Hi friends
what is this the value?(jdm-050)

https://ibb.co/vd9FYQ1

Offline dj_amir

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0