Author Topic: Alternative point for L3 JDM 030  (Read 954 times)

Offline mossesmos

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Alternative point for L3 JDM 030
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:47:26 AM »
Hi,

I am new to the forums. I need so help regarding repair of ds4 jdm 030.

i was replacing the analog stick of my ds4 accidently the trace of r3 button ripped off while removing the analog stick i try to bridge it but its not working is there any alternative point i can use to make r3 work again.

Thanks in advance

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Alternative point for L3 JDM 030
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »
The actual R3 trace is on the bottom of the board, and only the top connection is needed. That little short trace there just goes to that Resistor, a 100k Pull-Down on the R3 line. If that bit or trace is broken so the Resistor is no longer in circuit R3 will not work correctly.

Clean all of that up with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, then reinstall the Stick first and see how it acts.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline mossesmos

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 06:08:37 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply i have cleaned the pcb properly installed the analog stic but still r3 is not working.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:19:14 AM »
Trace is on the bottom of the board, you'll have to follow it to the via and prep and solder a jumper wire to there if it's open.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal