Author Topic: XBOX ONE S Controller Button's all pushed by themselves  (Read 363 times)

Offline WalidSp

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
XBOX ONE S Controller Button's all pushed by themselves
« on: April 24, 2021, 11:15:51 PM »
Hello,

I have not a big experience with repairing XBOX stuff, yet i try to learn and do my best lately. I got this controller from a costumer with a weird issue:

Many gamepads testers showed that the buttons are all pushed by themselves (except for the Button B)

- So logically the probleme was in the board than contains the buttons but the B. And i found a short on the L1 thing, when i looked behind i found a trace of some luiquid damage and the traces are clearly dammaged after cleaning.

I am wondering, is that really the only issue with this board? and should i try to fix the traces with a traces writer pen and see if the short comes off, or the whole L1 needs to be replaced as well?

(PS: it's basically for education, i know it's not worth my time to fix this kind of controllers but i wanna see how it goes). Thanks
for helping.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: XBOX ONE S Controller Button's all pushed by themselves
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:30:56 AM »
L1 will measure shorted, it's an Inductor.

Can't tell what kind of damage those traces have from that pic.

All buttons pressed is an issue with U4 on that board. Either it has gone bad or the Reset line for it is open somewhere.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal