Author Topic: 1708/1914 expansion port voltage/gnd pins  (Read 677 times)

Offline xmy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
1708/1914 expansion port voltage/gnd pins
« on: April 09, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »
Hello there,

i hope I'm at the right spot. :)

I want to add a gyroscope sensor to my controller. Yeah, hear me out..

Reason for that is mainly because I use the Cemu Wii U emulator to play Breath of the Wild and you can't use the gyro sensor in game as the controller has none.

The general idea is to create a small pcb with an ESP8266-01 and some gyroscope module.

The micro controller would connect to WiFi, an application would handle the gyro data and push it into the emulator.

Of course, the esp needs power and my idea is to buy a male expansion port connector from Ebay/Aliexpress and grab the power from there.

Since the adapter schematic is completely protected and I have no tools to find out which pin does what, I was hoping that someone in this forum could point me into some directions or at least some keywords to search for.
After a long time of googling, I eventually landed here.  :laughing:

I don't need a fully reversed specification. Just the power (with voltage) and gnd pin.

Does someone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

/edit:

I saw a PCB from some expansion hardware, but can't find it anymore right away.
I think I could at least guess where the power pin is, as this trace is bigger than the other ones. But still can't measure the voltage or find the gnd pin.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:11:23 PM by xmy »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: 1708/1914 expansion port voltage/gnd pins
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 05:44:51 AM »
Schematic for the 1708 is in that thread - https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43981.0.html

Pins 1 and 12 are Ground, and then pin 6 is 3.3v on that Expansion connector. It's the same on all versions of the controller.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 05:45:13 AM by RDC »
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline xmy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: 1708/1914 expansion port voltage/gnd pins
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 06:09:22 AM »
Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I looked into all of them first, but I wasn't sure how much I can read out of them.
Taking a look onto this image "1708 MCU BOARD TOP" from https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,43981.0.html I see that the socket seems to be called J8?

As I couldn't find a description about it, I created this post.
Looking into the post again I could find the schematic for the J8!

But this was very helpful. Being 3.3v, I can already connect the ESP with out any LDO. Nice!
Thank you very much. :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 06:51:35 AM by xmy »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal