Author Topic: thing from fufas thread  (Read 16495 times)

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
Re: thing from fufas thread
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 04:14:40 PM »
how did you feel it then. and i want an ipod touch because i have my consumerism too, but mostly because ipods are so popular they get the coolest hacks. plus touchscreen is just cool. but it is way overpriced if they had a cheap replica or another mp3 which could do the same then that would be for me. and i would never make a trip to do any one thing really im not that sort of person. unless it was like the release of maybe mgs4 or something like that or maybe new FF.

if you like the mutli touch screen then get a macbook air, it has the same chip as the ipod touch and iphone to to do the same things

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »
i cant validate the price though, thats what most of my argument has been about besides the OS which i hate for other reasons. its just a machine made for people to waste theyre money on and i dont care how sexy cool or whatever they are i would never buy one. the itouch is just for the hacks that i want it mostly and just all the different programs it gets even originally. i think the air is stupid. the ceo's of random companies or whatever may like it but anyone who does anything more then email or word processing is gonna need more then an underpowered, overexpensive machine.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »
You been in an Apple Store? They just have them sat on desks, with an ethernet and power cable plugged in, one guy had one turned off for you to hold, then you could try out the other one, of course, it had a security guy in there, and loads of more expensive things too (2.8Ghz Eight Core Mac Pro with 30" cinema display....)
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
wow. let me guess 10,000. lol but seriously thats where i thought theyd be.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »
macbook air is rather innovative, intereseting how they sized down the intel chip to fit inside it

its more than an ultra portable-yet-fullscreenandkeyboard notebook, its a step to the next generation of notebook computers

for one, aside from the chip, is going away from the optical drive to all wireless

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me

PINOY AKO

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »
and?
is there some point you're trying to make

we already established that it was not made as a primary computer and that it wasnt the fastest

this is really just old news

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 10:06:48 PM »
it sux nuff said im gone from the thread have fun talking to yourself and making yourself think it doesnt sux. Your a lost cause when it comes to comps.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
it sux nuff said im gone from the thread have fun talking to yourself and making yourself think it doesnt sux. Your a lost cause when it comes to comps.

now thats being a bad sport and just plain :censored: rude

it dont sux nuff said im gone from the thread have fun being right  and proving to yourself and everyone im being immature. im a lost cause when it comes to comps because i cant handle the fact different people like different things.

thats the jist of what im getting

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 02:14:37 AM »
i knew all these facts which is why i said its crap. i've read in on already. I've heard the battery time is way less if you have anything running in non optimal conditions. I do hate apple and all your right I think I've made that clear but I wouldve went on my marry way if someone hadnt mention that computer. I think it sux I'm entitled to my opinion, and whether you like it or not 9999 outta 10000 peeps who know anything about comps wil think they suck. well at least if theyre thrifty.
well i can understand why thrifty computer people would not like macs because of the price but its not all coputer people or techy guys as uni campuses are run of macs and mac servers and some colleges and high schools use them,web design and graphics companies use mac pro's, movie companies use macs to edit the movie on. even some hosting companies use mac server though they are rare becuase of expense. i even know of some technicins an ICT teacher and an electronics teacher who after seeing my mac have gone and bought there own macs

i cant validate the price though, thats what most of my argument has been about besides the OS which i hate for other reasons. its just a machine made for people to waste theyre money on and i dont care how sexy cool or whatever they are i would never buy one. the itouch is just for the hacks that i want it mostly and just all the different programs it gets even originally. i think the air is stupid. the ceo's of random companies or whatever may like it but anyone who does anything more then email or word processing is gonna need more then an underpowered, overexpensive machine.
out of interest why dont you like the OS and what version of the OS have you used

and i agree the macbook air is overpriced and a bit crappy for its price but it is a step in the direction i would love a second laptop with that formfactor if it was more powerful and had a user replaceable battery with a couple of extra ports. and i dont need an internal disk drive as i rarly use it as most of my documents that are important i keep on my external hdd and most of my media comes from the internet or tv and if i want to watch a dvd i will on my ps3 and 42" tv or i will go to my uncles and watch it in his home cinema which i can show you if you want

edit whent slightly off topic there at the end o well
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 02:35:13 AM by robin1989 »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 02:19:38 AM »
yea south park uses a mac pro for all of it animation

PINOY AKO

Offline hamchapman

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 02:30:00 AM »
noah I'm an Apple Fanboy as well but think that, AT THE MOMENT (and in its current design), the Macbook Air is a ridiculous product. It's competing with it's cheaper, more powerful brother, the Macbook. Who cares about maybe half an inch of thickness? I do care though if I have to spend nearly double the amount of my money on a laptop that isn't even as good as the plain ol' Macbook.

The idea and concept of the Air is great but I guess you have to start with something before that style of laptop can really kick off.

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 02:36:44 AM »
yeh the airs next revision will hopefully bring it up to speed for the money your throwing down cos at the minute its rediculous

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 02:42:54 AM »
exactly how can apple put this out in the market its the slowest mac they are currently selling

PINOY AKO

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:12 AM »
Every company has a slowest product.

Just saw an Ad for a Toshibe Laptop, 12" Screen, 60Gb Hdd, 1.6 Ghz Celeron, lightest laptop theyve made 'Leading an innovation'

The Innovation bit is BS, as leading would be the lightest, not the lightest one theyve made, and all that comes to around £1000, so it seems manufacturers are making more portable laptops after all, so it cant be that smaller Niche.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 01:08:38 PM »
yeh the airs next revision will hopefully bring it up to speed for the money your throwing down cos at the minute its rediculous
i can agree that the current speeds are rediculous but just enough for the non-über techy person who needs the portability

though i can garuntee the speeds will increase with time
on mpb's first release it was a 1.8 ghz, now i have a 2.4 ghz

Every company has a slowest product.

Just saw an Ad for a Toshibe Laptop, 12" Screen, 60Gb Hdd, 1.6 Ghz Celeron, lightest laptop theyve made 'Leading an innovation'

The Innovation bit is BS, as leading would be the lightest, not the lightest one theyve made, and all that comes to around £1000, so it seems manufacturers are making more portable laptops after all, so it cant be that smaller Niche.
yeah i'd say the innovation part on this one is, though the air, no, because of that new chip, and having the screen and keyboard fullsize while ultra light and thin, plus running osx which is nice

noah I'm an Apple Fanboy as well but think that, AT THE MOMENT (and in its current design), the Macbook Air is a ridiculous product. It's competing with it's cheaper, more powerful brother, the Macbook. Who cares about maybe half an inch of thickness? I do care though if I have to spend nearly double the amount of my money on a laptop that isn't even as good as the plain ol' Macbook.

The idea and concept of the Air is great but I guess you have to start with something before that style of laptop can really kick off.
atm it is rather weak, i wouldn't go as far as to say ridiculous

and again, the market is very narrow, but still rather wide
my best estimate of this exact market is both
on-the-go businessmen
and on the go college students
(both who need to move a lot, dont need a lot of processing power, and not a lot of space)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 01:19:45 PM by noah03ark »

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

and again, the market is very narrow, but still rather wide
my best estimate of this exact market is both
on-the-go businessmen
and on the go college students

That part is WAY off and caught my eye
ask any college student this as well
most college kids are BROKE and won't spend that much money on a laptop regardless of the model
in fact I just helped 11 of my friends get PC's and Laptops for college and out of all of em the most expensive one (retail) was 1300 bucks

unless they have rich parents LOL

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
That part is WAY off and caught my eye
ask any college student this as well
most college kids are BROKE and won't spend that much money on a laptop regardless of the model
in fact I just helped 11 of my friends get PC's and Laptops for college and out of all of em the most expensive one (retail) was 1300 bucks

unless they have rich parents LOL

sorry, forgot the rich part

i was making generalizations, but yeah, tis true and sad about many not being able to afford alot,
college is expensive, etc.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 02:47:36 PM »
Lots of Uni's have Apple stores on Campus, that give you a huge discount.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
Lots of Uni's have Apple stores on Campus, that give you a huge discount.

oh right, the educational discount

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 11:55:53 PM »
its more, you can get like £400 of a MBP.

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2008, 12:33:33 AM »
i can just see college students buying laptops and selling them online for profit

PINOY AKO

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
i can just see college students buying laptops and selling them online for profit
im sure there would be a technicality
and at the same time, if they can afford to take that much off a MBP in the first place, why don't they give it a price drop.  It bothers me so much that they double the profit on their friggen products.

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 09:24:31 AM »
im sure there would be a technicality
yup there is

Quote from: Apple
Who is Eligible To Purchase?
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education Individuals:
 - a teacher, lecturer, tutor or other supervisor of students at a UK education establishment
 - a student aged 18 and over with a valid student card, attending, or accepted into, a UK education establishment
 - a parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a UK Higher or Further Education establishment

Purchase Quantity.
Staff, students and parents purchasing from the Apple Store for Education Individuals will be allowed to purchase the following quantities of product per academic school year:

a. Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
b. Mac mini: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
c. Notebook: One (1) may be purchased per academic year
d. Display: A maximum of two (2) may be purchased per academic year
e. Software: A maximum of two (2) per software title may be purchased per academic year

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
man i followed those links and they went nowhere....?

lol jj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal