Author Topic: guitar hero mod 33% done  (Read 1068 times)

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
guitar hero mod 33% done
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:59:21 PM »
well i was thinking and i came up with an idea to make a wireless, pocketable, cheap (besides the psp part) guitar hero for guitar hero pc and frets on fire. i realized that i would need a homebrew app to connect my psp to my computer to use it as a controller. i also realized unless i wanted to carry half a guitar and a psp in my pocket, i would need a way to attach and detach the fret board. and i would need a way to hook it up to the buttons to play the notes i wanted it to play.

here is my progress log:
homebrew app:100% baby!
fret board:0%, need supplies!
wiring:0%, need to fix my phat first, then i will work on this part.
cash: 0$ in pocket money, but looking for a way to make money, might get a job idk.

proof of concept video: i will upload my higher quality one when i get back from the doctor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl9VyhetUUs
dont worry about the last 4 minutes i guess something went wrong with the song.

as you see, i can use my psp as a controller for my pc. i did not use wificontrol, as i found out about that when i was done with the project.

i came up with an idea to solder a female usb to the X [] O /\ points on the psp, but dont know how to solder them there so a tut maybe, even a pic showing the points would help.

now for the fret board, i currently have no clue how i am going to do this. i saw a tut on making R2 and L2 buttons and i think that i can use the same concept to make the fret board but not sure. some ideas on making this could be helpful.

things i need help with:
pics on where to solder to the X [] O /\ contacts.
fret board ideas.
how to make money (lol)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:37:36 PM by afataldonkey »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: guitar hero mod 33% done
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
nice work  :yess: great idea :clap: but u still have some work to do gud luck  :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »
ya i know i have some work to do but if you think about it, its not really that much. just some wires (well actually a lot), some buttons, and a cheap fret board and im ready to go. also i dont remember where but somewhere on this site i saw a tutorial yesterday about some guy taking a cheap $10 plastic guitar and turning it into a frets on fire guitar. if i can find it again, i will be 25% done with making the fret board.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »
Nice job, good luck on the mod
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline afataldonkey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
thanks and just got a great idea for the fret board, maybe im 30% done with the fret board without even starting the hard mod yet. i was looking at an old pc keyboard without a usb plug on it so its basically pointless to me since i have a laptop, well anyways, i was looking at the F1-F5 keys and they are looking pretty sexi now that i see that i can probably take them out, then use them as the keys. dont know yet havent opened up the keyboard but i will soon once i can find my screw driver.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal