Author Topic: LM386 my big dissapointment :((((((  (Read 962 times)

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
LM386 my big dissapointment :((((((
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »
Hello guys, before few weeks i installed sound mod to my psp. I didnt have the LM386 chip so i wired it up directly to speakers. It was a really cool mod and i loved it but i found the leds a bit too dim, so i bough the LM386 and hooked it up today. After a lot of effort and destruction and repair of my backlight fuse i FINALLY got it working. Then my dissapointment came, i turned on a rock song which was powering the old sound mod pretty well, and now.... its not doing almost anything with the leds!! So i turned on a techno song and wuala... BLINK BLINK BLINK on my whole room. The bloody leds react only to some pretty deep bass :sadno: Ok some of the techno lovers would jump up 10 feet but i am unfortunately more rock and pop lover than techno maniac :sadno: Then my next dissapointment came, with the old sound mod the leds went of when i plugged in the headphones. I liked it and was ready for it with my new sound mod, but what happens? I plug in headphones and the left led turns ugly greenish blue and the right led stays dark blue but shines very lightly. You know how awful that looks?!! :sadno: :sadno: I believe my leds go greenish when they have lower voltage applied to them and dark blue when they have hgher voltage. But why the hell dont they go off? i want them OFF completly when headphones are in!! Well i dont know what to think but i am really dissapointed with the LM386 chip so far :sadno:

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: LM386 my big dissapointment :((((((
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 02:00:25 PM »
sorry man, a lot of shaky heads tho lol
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker