Author Topic: Rapid Fire method (No chip) Easy/ Detailed Tutorial  (Read 22466 times)

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
Rapid Fire method (No chip) Easy/ Detailed Tutorial
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »
* King_Mike Made this Mod - I just made a simple/more detailed Tutorial *

Ok, first off you will need an Old style Wireless board (Pictured Below) - I havent tested on a wired board, if someone has and it works let me know!

Equipment Needed...

SWITCHES FOR THE UK

* GET THE PUSH TO MAKE/ NON LOCKING SWITCHES *

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=on/off%20push%20button&source=15&menu=-2&WorldSearch=Y&SD=Y

SWITCHES FOR THE US

* GET THE PUSH TO MAKE/ NON LOCKING SWITCHES *

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=push%20button&origkw=push%20button&sr=1

Diagram of wiring/ solder points

1) Get your wire (approx 15 cm) and solder one end to one of the points on your switch
2) Get the other wire (approx 7cm) and solder one end to the other point on switch
3) Solder wire 1 to the Left side of Player 1 LED...
yeah, Soldering to the LED is pretty difficult - the way i did it was put a lil bit of solder on the end of the wire, put it against the LED and then melted it with the iron
4) Solder wire 2 to the middle pin of the right Triggers...
Just melt the solder thats already on the board - use extra solder if u need to
5) Test it - If it works, carry on - If not check your wiring
6) Now depending on the size of your button - You need to find a drill piece and place to put the button...
Mine was pretty big and had to remove one rumble motor and drilled where it was placed (pictured below)

7)Glue it in place and your done!

**- Video & Pics of mine -**
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pDwVTZUeSk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8pDwVTZUeSk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs</a>

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 08:39:19 AM by wilson08 »

Offline yuckzee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Rapid Fire method (No chip) Easy/ Detailed Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:23 PM »
thanks alot, not to diss king mike or nothin but i find the one more easyer to follow and everything, \

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 01:19:47 AM »
thanks alot, not to diss king mike or nothin but i find the one more easyer to follow and everything, \

Thanks ! :D

Video up..  Can someone tell me how to make it bigger? lol - Pics up Tommorrow, when i can find my Torx !

1Sniper-please dont double post, just hit the button
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 02:05:33 PM by 1Sniper »

Offline yuckzee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
hmm, try checking your enabled link and try to make the deminsions biger

Offline yuckzee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:27:38 AM »
and shoot, this one seems to shoot faster than the other ones ive seen

Arsic

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 08:19:10 AM »
I just put the switch before the rumble groove so that it feels more natural to just squeeze the controller and have it fire.

The switch I used was a little big too. I had to bend the inputs to keep it from interfering with the rumble. I'll replace it with a better one later.

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
I just put the switch before the rumble groove so that it feels more natural to just squeeze the controller and have it fire.

The switch I used was a little big too. I had to bend the inputs to keep it from interfering with the rumble. I'll replace it with a better one later.

Yeah i should of done that! But anyway Gd Job:D

Offline Butters789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
How's it goin, guys? well ive done tihs mod (if you can call it that!) to my old wireless controller, and it worked great for about 3 hours... but then i turned my xbox off and tried to turn it on the next day and my controller just wouldnt sync up. so i took all the wires and what-not out of it and it just stopped working alltogether. :/ but i went to the good 'ol kmart and got me a new wired controller and fiddled with it all day. i put a 100k resistor to the pos end of my switch and then wired that to the black ground wire, and the red (neg) end to the middle R-trigger pin. this worked fine and dandy for another single-fire button. so i just saw something that might work for new wired controllers... what if you took the other side of your button (pos side) and wired that to the ground or LED, too? would that make any sort of difference? just checkin in, ive followed Mike's thread for a week now and decided i would comment finally.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:52:33 PM »
It wouldn't work, because there would be no signal going to the trigger then. It wouldn't do anything at all. By the way, neg and gnd is the same. Red is + and black is -/gnd. Oh, and switches don't have polarities. It's just whichever side you wire it up to.

Offline Butters789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
Ah, i see... well crap, i know Silly Nuts is workin on the wird version, too, but he's offline. it just kinda bugs me, there should be a way to do this without a chip! OOOH! i forgot, i was messin with the side with the resistor on it today, i had the other soldered to the R-trigger pin, and i was holding the resistor that was wired to the other prong, and i somehow got rapid fire. o_0 i have no idea how it happened, but it did, and then i soldered it to the ground and it just stuck me back at single-shot.

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 02:16:13 AM »
Keep working at it Butters - im sure you will get a result soon!

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 03:56:01 AM »
ok i found out how to do the led mod on a wired controller (mine is now broke thanks to my 2 yr old son it is now a toy for him...) im going to buy another one this paycheck and make a tut and a vid.   

all it is is the led needs less power to it so when you hook rapid fire to it. it will make a (controlled short) so the led blinks well when the led blinks you cant even see it cuz it is so low current but it does this is what makes it rapid fire. ever time the led blinks and you have the button down it shoots..... the prob. with a wired controller is it puts out more volts then a wireless same with the new wireless so for in order to make the wired and the new wireless controllers to be able to use the led rapid fire we have to take a few volts off hmmmm how do we do this ? .... A Resister. we need to now track down where the led is geting its power from and put a 100k Resister in the pos. feed of the led. i know i know this is hard well no its not once i get the tut and vids up it will be eazy so wait for it guys its coming.

~SillyMods~

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 05:25:02 AM »
(mine is now broke thanks to my 2 yr old son it is now a toy for him...)
lol :D
Nice work!

Offline xxfatsxx

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »
has anyone tried this with the left trigger?

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 06:36:16 AM »
has anyone tried this with the left trigger?
Yes, it works :yess:

Offline Butters789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 07:51:58 AM »
YAY, Sillynuts! k, so what your sayin is that somehow we need to wire a resistor from the led to the power source, right? so which color wire is that?

sorry bout the size...and when do you think you can get that vid & tut. up, sillynuts?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:08:54 AM by Butters789 »

Offline Butters789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:27 AM »
ok, sorry for the double post... but from reading up on wiring, ive found that the power supply is either red, white, or black... ok, considering black on our controller is the ground, red or white must be the wire sending the current. oh, and green is a neutral wire.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 12:52:48 AM »
The no chip works differently then the wireless controller. What is it that is trying to be done by finding out what is feeding the led.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 12:56:31 AM by Blazinkaos »

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline yuckzee

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
wheres the guide at

Offline KyleP

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »
good tutorial man keep it up

Offline Plastohobo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
I still dont exactly get where to solder on the led ground, i keep seeing pictures, but with just circles around the location to solder. Can someone give me the EXACT spot of where to solder onto the led?? Im about to do this and i dont want to screw up.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »
Ill see what i can doo...

Ill like zoom in right and put a dot where u have to solder will that work if its zoomed in...

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline xMLGxPR0DIGYx15

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
Well i tried that and this goes to all the people who read this, This mod only works sometimes it doesnt always work i recommend not doing it I tried it and it didnt work I think that that mod is a piece of $H!T myself so I highly recommend just buying the parts offline and using those so you dont go and mess up your entire controller just do as I tell you and Im not tryin to be a D!CK Telling you what to do but im serious guys it doesnt work for most people im tellin just buy the parts offline and do it its ten times easier alright!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ENJOY!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 02:08:03 AM »
This mod does work all the time - did you use unfresh battries?

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 02:11:07 AM »
good tutorial man keep it up
Thanks

Offline Blazzed Troll

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
Im keeping an eye on this tutorial for any new updates and also on the King one too...
I wanted to see if it works when its on a battery pack but plugged in...I have a set of AA recharge ables but they died so I just have it plugged in using the usb cable
now if I were to take it apart and solder right middle pin trigger -> switch off(on) -> ground of LED and it didnt work for me could I just get something else that pulsed a current in between like a timer or something and just do trigger -> switch -> timer -> LED ground (or another ground or even the neg back by the batteries...
I dont want to by a special chip or anything I'm going to radio shack and spending 45 tops on little pieces
I have a soldering iron already and  wire but its like 20 gauge so ill have to buy 30
now I know what switch Im gonna buy its iether
--http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062545&cp=&sr=1&origkw=momentary+switch&kw=momentary+switch&parentPage=search
or
--http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062501&cp=&sr=1&origkw=momentary+switch&kw=momentary+switch&parentPage=search
so
for my timer if I get one would it be
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062595&cp=&sr=1&origkw=timer&kw=timer&parentPage=search
or
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062596&cp=&sr=1&origkw=timer&kw=timer&parentPage=search

If someone could try these out or if someone already has please post...I will try when I get the chance but I wanted to know if a wired and a wireless plugged in are the same before I go tryign things like this

Offline Butters789

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
ok Prodigy, you just now said that to roughly 50+ people who have done the mod and had it work flawlessly...

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 01:45:49 PM »
ok Prodigy, you just now said that to roughly 150+ people who have done the mod and had it work flawlessly...
:D

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
blazed troll where did you get the idea for using a timer instead of the led ground? would you install the timer just like the rapid fire chip?

Offline Blazzed Troll

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
Well I had just thought that having resistors and transistors was pointless if you could do it with out and it worked...but I see now that the power is off depending on the amount of power that comes from batteries...so I dont think my idea would be much better than the others...but really it would just work like a chip yes...but you would still need a transistor resistor or just a Volt equilizer type thing...i dont know the technical name but pretty much it just has some simple programming that says what ever volt comes in like 4V it makes it 2.5V like when you plug a laptop in that little pack sets the Volts to a lower level so you dont blow you laptop...it takes in fomr like 125V to 200V from a standard outlet and makes it proper to fit you laptop power settings...but these get hot fast when you have to much exsess power but if its only like 1V or 2V extra thats putting the led pusle off it wouldn't be to hot...

-Side note about that tho...what if someone were to put the power adjuster thing before the batteries like take the batter pack out and have it not quite touching the metal springs and solder a volt thing their...I mean yea the batter pack would hang out and stuff but it would have a constant power supply...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal