Author Topic: ¿How to connect PS2 Dual Shock 2 controllers to the PSP using serial port?  (Read 21985 times)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
No were not trying to direct connect where trying to connect on in the serial port.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
I realize that. My point was that lots have done it the direct connected way, but nobody had gotten it to work 100% yet through the serial port.

If your confident enough to solder all the wires, the direct connect way is probably going to be easier for you.

If you know how to program, and can write the code for the pic as well as the plugin on the psp to make it work, then this way may work for you. But the average joe with just basic knowledge of code won't be able to do this.

I think this way, through the serial port, would be much nicer to overall ease of use once it's finished and working 100%. Especially since you can also use wireless controllers.

That's all I'm sayin.

Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Uhh no.

You need the PIC in between the DSC and the PSP... with your "direct contact" the PSP would not know what to make of the information it was getting.. you need the PIC and some resistors and whatnot between your DSC or else how is it going to work? Sorry but I just don't see what your getting at.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
I tried the wired way yes it does work but i hate having all these wired scrambled every where so i rather do something that doesnt have so many wired sticking out of it. Except for that one that blizzrad did while back with one cable from a ipod cable but i can imagine how hard it was to organize all that wire on to that cable. You guys know witch one right. But the controller i was testing with all on was 360 controller I wanted to see if it would work and it does.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:23:59 AM by Blazinkaos »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Uhh no.

You need the PIC in between the DSC and the PSP... with your "direct contact" the PSP would not know what to make of the information it was getting.. you need the PIC and some resistors and whatnot between your DSC or else how is it going to work? Sorry but I just don't see what your getting at.

You misunderstand. What I mean is wiring each button of the controler to each button of the psp individually. That's the way it's always been done and it is proven to work. It is true that it does use a lot of wire and it's time consuming.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
yes rceckspurt is right, direct contact does work, it just requires alot of fine soldering and wire placing skills. Its true if this method is finished, it will be easyier from the point of veiw of someone who is stealing the code.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
I to make the one that rceck suggests easier would be ribbon cables taht would curve in what ever way you want them.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Yeah Reck, alot of people have done it I was going to do that one myself to until I saw this, I think this is much better though because if (we) eventually get this working you can use any un-modified ps2 controller on any un-modified PSP without anything special done to ether device.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal