Author Topic: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source  (Read 123318 times)

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: Ps3 rapid fire studying and understanding project open source
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
matt am i able to post links to files in the rnd storage folder to here?
just wondering because i made a nice little pc app to help noobs calculate values for speeds for this code
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:11:03 PM by hyper999 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2010, 04:26:38 AM »
its fine, when you post post it like this:

Code: [Select]

[url=insert link here]clik me[/url]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »
PC app
heres the pc app just have a play let me know what you think, calculating the speeds the normal way is better but i think this will really help the noobs out there but i just made it cos i was bored lol
windows only i think and requires .net framework

Post Merge: October 15, 2010, 11:53:08 AM
ok my findings on cod5
*the hex code posted above gets capped
*without the bmu v1 origional code (50% duty cycle) smallest value for firerate that doesnt get capped is .122 so theoretically just over 8 sps
*with the 25% duty cycle the smallest firerate value you can have is .100 however if you just constantly hold down r1 through reloads and stuff this will eventually get capped but with a firerate value of .102 you can shout all your ammo without letting go of r1 and you will not get capped

im just cleaning up the code then i will post it here

Post Merge: October 16, 2010, 04:32:56 AM
ok tested all working 100%
as default
mode 1 - 10sps - MW2
mode 2 - 9.9sps - COD5
mode 3 - 8sps - COD4
 but i left cod5 mode on in all of them so they all work with cod5 aswell
 in the source code change speeds as normal and adjust the option setting just below the firerates in the asm/text file to turn on/off cod5 duty cylce then recompile in mplab
same pinout as usual
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:32:57 AM by hyper999 »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »
PC app
heres the pc app just have a play let me know what you think, calculating the speeds the normal way is better but i think this will really help the noobs out there but i just made it cos i was bored lol
windows only i think and requires .net framework

Post Merge: October 15, 2010, 11:53:08 AM
ok my findings on cod5
*the hex code posted above gets capped
*without the bmu v1 origional code (50% duty cycle) smallest value for firerate that doesnt get capped is .122 so theoretically just over 8 sps
*with the 25% duty cycle the smallest firerate value you can have is .100 however if you just constantly hold down r1 through reloads and stuff this will eventually get capped but with a firerate value of .102 you can shout all your ammo without letting go of r1 and you will not get capped

im just cleaning up the code then i will post it here

Post Merge: October 16, 2010, 04:32:56 AM
ok tested all working 100%
as default
mode 1 - 10sps - MW2
mode 2 - 9.9sps - COD5
mode 3 - 8sps - COD4
 but i left cod5 mode on in all of them so they all work with cod5 aswell
 in the source code change speeds as normal and adjust the option setting just below the firerates in the asm/text file to turn on/off cod5 duty cylce then recompile in mplab
same pinout as usual

wow hyper i envy your job!! you got it and with almost 10 sps. I will test it also

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
envy my job? i dont have a job :S
when i clean up the code it will probs be 10 sps but ive lost track of the nops and stuff so il work on that soon but this will do for now

Post Merge: October 16, 2010, 07:34:22 AM
@ hazer ive just come up on a possible genious idea if i was to rewrite the code and use timer0 for the 500us delays because this runs regardless of the isr then the length of the isr doesnt matter so long as it takes sub 500us yes? what are your thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:40:11 PM by hyper999 »

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
envy my job? i dont have a job :S
when i clean up the code it will probs be 10 sps but ive lost track of the nops and stuff so il work on that soon but this will do for now

Post Merge: October 16, 2010, 07:34:22 AM
@ hazer ive just come up on a possible genious idea if i was to rewrite the code and use timer0 for the 500us delays because this runs regardless of the isr then the length of the isr doesnt matter so long as it takes sub 500us yes? what are your thoughts on this?

Oh sorry man, when i say job i mean this code

I have played this afternoon to cod5 and works very nice

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
Thats not a bad idea. You would start with it off until the comparator triggers, then set it up for the 500usec. Then in the main code you could do whatever you wanted without worrying about counting cycles. Just perform a bunch of tasks (manipulating IO) and then wait for the TIMER0 flag. You wouldnt even need the interupt to be on, just poll the flag. Then reset the timer for each pulse.

That would work.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2010, 04:36:23 PM »
thanks it just came to me when i was tidying up the code as i normally use tmr0 for all my delays and yeah that would be ideal but i had trouble with polling the flag in my disable code still to this day dont know why but its easy enough just to xor it and test the z flag but i will try both tomoro

Post Merge: October 16, 2010, 09:31:55 PM
@hazer just tryed replacing the the delay routine and took out all the nops in your 6sps code but it didnt work when i polled the flag :S but it did work when i used the xoring method :) so il work on this now
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:32:16 AM by hyper999 »

Offline bigboss59400

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #338 on: November 03, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »
Hello everybody,

Thanks for your reasearch ,it's great ,I will test that in the week-end...

I have a suggestion for your source code : use timer instead of a lot of nop it is most precise (trust me^^)

What compillation do you use ?

For the rapid fire on L1,why we can't take the same software ?
The commun 1 is different than the 2 ?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #339 on: November 03, 2010, 12:44:23 PM »
hi
this project is pretty dead now but..
-if you read the information in the thread you will see that the left common line is in a different order although it should be pretty easy to do i never got round to it as not many people are interested and i play 360.
-as for the timer i started using timer0 for the delays in the code just before i gave up because it means the isr can be as long as you want whereas with the nops we had to ensure the length of the isr did not push our total delay over 500us, however, although using the timer0 makes the code neater in this instince im pretty sure its not more precise than using nops.
unless of course you are talking about using a timer for the actual rapid firing in which case yes we are using a timer driven interupt
-and finally by compilation i asume you mean compiler which is MPLAB
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:46:21 PM by hyper999 »

Offline bigboss59400

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »
thanks for your quick answer

Sorry for the question about commun line but after 12 pages of reading (I'm french) ,I forget something (important) so I'm looking on it...

OK for the compilation but they are another compiler which is mikroelectronika and I love it  :laughing:

You say you play 360 but on the 360 the rapid fire is finish so what you say ? You play on the 360 for the rapid fire ? and I think a lot of people are interressed but they don't know this website  :angry:
I can't help you for programmation because you programme in ASM and me in C but if you continue the project ,I can test all you want =)

Another question for add another mod,in your source code,I add a fonction FLASHON and FLASHOFF and another state and at the end that
"
btfsc   FLASH, OFFX
   call   FLASHOFFX
"
and that
"
ONX      EQU      X
OFFX   EQU      X
"
And that all ?

Thanks

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #341 on: November 04, 2010, 09:25:44 AM »
to add more modes would take alot more coding than that
- the mode selection routine would need alot of work as it only allows for 4 states atm
- and you would need to add subroutines for how many flashes you would want

as for continuing the project i'm done for now but i may pick it up again someday in the future

Offline bigboss59400

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #342 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »
ah so it's not cool I must learn the asm :laughing:

So if you have to spend time please spend it on that because learn a language don't take 5 min...

And thanks for all

My dream is make an apply windows which we choose the number of mode and the firerate and click on make .hex and here we go like that
http://dagmentar.free.fr/

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #343 on: November 07, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »
NVM

I found it
sorry for the post

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:14:37 AM by skittles916 »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #344 on: November 07, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
I wonder why poeple keep thinking that making an entire hex file is the way to interface a chip to the PC? For starters, none of the 8-pin pics are self-writable (they cannot write thier program memory). This means new hex = remove the chip to program it. The second thing is that all you need to change how many modes and firerates are a handful of bytes, which are VERY easy to send over serial comms and stored in the EEPROM.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #345 on: November 07, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
beats me lol

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #346 on: November 07, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
yasin, I think you missed the resolution to your problem, in the release thread the schematic was posted wrong, as pointed out by rafaliyo86 the origional drawing had the tact switch on the wrong pin. and that created the results you were experiancing. the diagram has been fixed rewire your tact to pin three (not four) and all should be good.  the test points and leds all operate the same from the vx3 to the vx4 and I have personally teste the vx3 and found it to be in working order.

please rewire your tact switch and post your findings clearly.

Modded Matt and Hyper.

I am on Yasin's side on thise one,
I have a VX4
i installed the same mod twice linking the
places to the corresponding colors on this image attached

i also linked the LED up correctly and the switch correctly using a socket so i can reprogramme the chip quicker.

The problem i am facing though is not being able to use the Push Button to change modes. It does not change when i press the button. I have checked multiple times and installed it over and am still facing the same problem. Any help on the VX4?

Thanks for all your work so far

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #347 on: November 08, 2010, 04:53:10 AM »
what pin is your tact conected to?

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #348 on: November 08, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »
It's connected to pin 3

Offline radddogg

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
How come this is dead?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
the final code is completed and awaiting admin testing

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2010, 04:19:34 AM »
skittles, remove your tact and just touch the wire to a ground point to see if you can make it change modes.

Hyper, please link me tot he code???? I thought we were moving forward with a new project. I will have some vacation time next week to finish alot of open projects i have going at the moment

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2010, 11:30:25 AM »
yes i am moving forward the code that i need you to test was finished last month check out the bottom of reply 332 but no need to rush if your busy :)

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
tried that Matt,

i recently though saw that a user on the PS3 BMU V1 posted a new position to connect the wires to on the VX4
i will try that and get back to you

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #354 on: November 17, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »
Sorry I've bin absent for a while. Well skittles, I've tested on dat board and its working fine. I realy don't see  problem did you dubble check ur connections? How about with a multimitter to see if there is a good connection? Is it modes turing on or not at all?

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #355 on: November 18, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »
gerald, can u post a picture of where you are connecting each wire on the Vx4 board, because maybe i am soldering to different points which is leading do a different condition between my board and yours, but i dont know.
And yes i have solder it twice with two different sockets with 30avg wire on both times,

i used the hex code "PS3BMU.hex" if that makes any difference

Thanks gerald.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »
hyper, these codes all need some work. we have two threads. this one, and the PS3BMUV1 release thread. we need to get them both corrected. I will post the notes for V1 in the V1 thread as this thread has passed into the V2 phase. (V2 posted in reply #332)

two key notes on both projects. on v1 you used pin 3 to change modes, with v1 you are using v2. this is very confusing. also noticed more in the v2 code then before in the v1 is a bouncing effect. you need to "debounce the input" do you know what I mean? the chip needs to make sure it the button was really pressed and not just static (I think thats what these guys are tallking about when they touch the chip. (static giving a false ground.))

ok, V2 bugs:
1) RF speeds are backwards from what youve listed. mode one is the slowest, mode three is the fastest.
2) the led is :censored:ed, when you first turn on the controller, the led is ON constant and RF is OFF, press the button and the led turns OFF and the RF enters mode1. press again, the led blinks twice then back off, rf enters mode2. preass button again, thed blinks three times then back off. Press button a last time LED turns on (constant) and RF is OFF.
3) activation button is on pin2????!!!! pin needs debounce programing.

I will post V1 findings in the PS3BMUV1 thread the keep the confusion down. please make sure to post the ASM as well as any new code revisions.

Offline skittles916

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #357 on: December 18, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
still got problems..... it may just be me tho, anyone else got problems?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:39:29 AM by skittles916 »

Offline rockandink

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
 :tup:
I'm only on page 6 of this thread--but the reading of it and the process you guys went through in testing is more interesting than what lead me here in the first place.

Hopefully, by the end of the thread, I'll still remember to get my gf's rapidfire going for her, but she may have to wait....

To be honest, I want to get more info so I can be a part of something like this in the future, but I havent read enough to ask pertinent questions yet.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
well thank you, :) and all this work lead up to Hypers code. hope this informs you how alittle more into what created that code :) happy reading

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal