Author Topic: Rapid Fire Pic help  (Read 52259 times)

Offline chriscwill07

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Rapid Fire Pic help
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
If i am correct this hex code is not for the spitfire but for a rapid fire mod. Am i right? And if so I would really appreciate wiring instructions. I would really love to do this to my controller but the spitfire just seems too hard and i would like to have the dual rapid fire setup instead.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2008, 09:03:54 PM »
The spitfire uses a pic with 16 Legs the rapid fire usually on uses the pic's with 8 legs. So yeah it is for rapid not spit fire.

Offline chriscwill07

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »
Does anyone know the wiring for the switches on this rapid fire mod. I know how to program im just getting stuck on the actual wiring between the PIC, the on/off switches, and the board. I know where the connections on the board are i just cant figure out the switches. The terminology of buttons has thrown  me off because I cant tell if they are referring to the button on the controller or the switches.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
Does anyone know the wiring for the switches on this rapid fire mod. I know how to program im just getting stuck on the actual wiring between the PIC, the on/off switches, and the board. I know where the connections on the board are i just cant figure out the switches. The terminology of buttons has thrown  me off because I cant tell if they are referring to the button on the controller or the switches.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
Same here a schematic would be great!

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
if you mean the wiring from the PIC chip to the tact switch, i think, according to others, it would be like this:

and if you mean where the ground(VSS) and the power(VDD) points are then here:

this is for wireless controller by the way, mine is a cg type board

and for the r trigger point:

- so a wire pin 1 would go to ground point as pictured

- a wire from pin 8 would go to the power point as pictured

- a wire from pin 7 and would go to the r trigger point on the board as pictured

- a wire from pin 5 would go to a 10k resistor, then solder a wire from the other side of the resistor, this wire will go to one side on the switch your going to use for rapid fire (refer back to the drawn picture)

- then solder a wire to the other side of the switch and then solder to i think pin 1 which is ground ( correct me if im wrong)

turn on the controller and make sure everything is fine, if the chip gets extremely hot then a resistor is needed, maybe a 10k one

this is what i see and would do according to the diagram, i have not done this or tested this so i do not know if it works this way, it is just a rough guide according to what i see from the diagram. anyone correct any mistakes if i am wrong

thanks

Offline corby7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:37:19 AM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe

Offline corby7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 10:21:45 AM »
Well I did not know that it would not work. Sorry, trying to help

Offline ctsinc2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »
Ok all, I have a noob question about the hex file SYSTEM posted.  I want to rapid fire mod one of my controllers, but I want the actual triggers to be used.  I see some mods use the small buttons added to the bottom to fire, while others use those added buttons to enable/disable the triggers to do the rapid fire.  As I said, I want to actually use the triggers.  Is the hex setup for that, or is it set to use the added buttons?

THANKS for ANY help.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

Offline ctsinc2

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=653455&st=0

I know about that one with picaxe.  I need to know about the code SYSTEM posted for a 12f683

Thanks anyway

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
https://www.acidmods.com/software/PIC12F683.rar

Please no one use this file for monitary gain we offer free info for our members...
[/quote]

Hi there, thanks for the hex, MUCH appreciated. Is the following PIC chip model usable, PIC12F683-I/SN ???
Thanks

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »
Ok all, I have a nob question about the hex file SYSTEM posted.  I want to rapid fire mod one of my controllers, but I want the actual triggers to be used.  I see some mods use the small buttons added to the bottom to fire, while others use those added buttons to enable/disable the triggers to do the rapid fire.  As I said, I want to actually use the triggers.  Is the hex setup for that, or is it set to use the added buttons?

THANKS for ANY help.

Actually my question is EXACTLY the same. I TOO want to use the triggers instead of pressing and holding an additional button. Can someone help us out with a wiring diagram and hex for the PIC12F683 I/P, please?
Also I have one old controller and I just recently had to replace another to what I am assuming is the newer model. I would like to mod both if possible.
Thanks a ton!!  :victory:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:11:39 AM by unloopme »

Offline darkside0foz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »
Does anyone have a .hex file for a rapid fire controller for a PIC16X84? It would really be helpful. Thanks

Offline OpTiCz

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
Same here. I would like to activate rapid fire for the triggers using the tact switches.
It looks doable since this guy is selling it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Trigger-Rapid-Fire-Controller-mod-kit-COD-4_W0QQitemZ360069906383QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360069906383&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1308

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »
Man, I just got my programmer and a couple of chips and I'm just ACHING to play around. I guess folks are busy on some other stuff. Seems like the 4 or 5 of that want a dual rap through trigger hex for the PIC12F683 are on hold.

I saw another thread for spitfire with the PIC12F683, but I'm not sure it's what we all are looking for.
Oh well, crossing fingers. :beg:

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
^do you want the hex file for pic12f683? or what.....(not sure)

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »
^do you want the hex file for pic12f683? or what.....(not sure)

ABSOLUTELY!!!
Is it the one that enables rapid fire through the R & L triggers that you toggle on/off through the installed tact switches???
That's the one we are all waiting for on this thread.
Thanks in advance!

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »
Please search next time... CLICK HERE

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 04:25:49 PM »
Please search next time... CLICK HERE

Man, I am so sorry. I didn't realize that "spitfire" meant that the rapid fire would go through the actual L & R triggers, and the tact switch turned them off/on.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  :tup:

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »
no prob just search first....

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »
no prob just search first....

In my defense, I had read that thread a few times...just did again, and a few folks mention that it doesn't work. KingMike said he was going to "work" on it. So I wasn't sure if it was working correctly. Also, the second to last post by, gamesroms says "would be great if the new buttons were on/off switches for rapidfire on the triggers." Can you verify that it indeed does work, and that we need to use 10K resistors between the trigger post and tact switch?
Thanks again in advance.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:30:37 PM by unloopme »

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »
I don't know if it works cuz my programmer and pic are in the mail so the only way to know if it works would be to try it yourself or ask if someone else has tried it...

Offline unloopme

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
I don't know if it works cuz my programmer and pic are in the mail so the only way to know if it works would be to try it yourself or ask if someone else has tried it...
Your right, I will definitely post my results.
Thanks a ton, man...:hifive:

Offline Sl7rips

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2008, 02:50:24 AM »
anyone got or Willing to Write a .HEX file for rapid fire through triggers for the PIC12F509 Microchip 8-pin 4MHz Microcontroller

Offline corby7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
O.K question here. I have 2 tactile switches installed, is there or is there not the 12F683 software for this design. I am not going through the triggers at all, and all I want is to go through the tact switches. Too many thread jumpers is confusing people. If available can I have the appropriate area I can find the .hex for the 12F683 file  to use on tact switches.

Also, how is it that the guys that sell the kits are using 1k ohm resistors and it is suggested we use 10k ohm on the 12F683 ?

Thanks
Corby7

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »
O.K question here. I have 2 tactile switches installed, is there or is there not the 12F683 software for this design. I am not going through the triggers at all, and all I want is to go through the tact switches. Too many thread jumpers is confusing people. If available can I have the appropriate area I can find the .hex for the 12F683 file  to use on tact switches.

Also, how is it that the guys that sell the kits are using 1k ohm resistors and it is suggested we use 10k ohm on the 12F683 ?

Thanks
Corby7

there was a hex code posted here - https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=20459.0 but some claim it doesnt work, kingmike is working on a new hex code so wait to see when he releases it. seriously its on the first page at the top, a little bit of reading and searching wouldnt hurt

the reason the guys on ebay use 1k resistors is based on the hex code, their hex code is different from the one here, that is why the pinout is different on the chip aswell.

Offline Shoffman

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:42 PM »
This may work for you, i havent tried it.   http://r00t-ed.homeip.net/projects/xbox_mod/

I want to be able to use the regular triggers with the one off switches for the 12f683.  I dont know a thing about programming microchips or making the codes.  Ive been reading up on it and trying to learn so i can make my own code, but it isnt going to good.  Hopefully i will get the hang of it.

Offline Shoffman

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal