Author Topic: psp lcd to vga adapter???  (Read 2318 times)

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
psp lcd to vga adapter???
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »
Just wondering if i can connect the psp lcd screen to a female vga conector, so i can connect my psp lcd screen to an old laptop i have, im going to try and mount the psp lcd to my scooter and use the laptop as a base for the psp lcd so i can browse net on my scooter. Any help will do. Oh yeah and the laptop i have is a compaq presario 1246 incase any one wants to try find the lcd outputs for it( which i have tried and been unsuccessful) plesae email me at, willie19a@yahoo.co.uk if you can help me out at all or reply to this post thanks in adance

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Re: psp lcd to vga adapter???
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
Use the search button.

There was a guy on Lan.st (Think thats it, been a while since I even looked at the PSP modding scene) who modded a VGA out on his PSP.

It requires micro soldering, not an easy job.

As for connectiong it to your laptop, you would have to google the model of your laptop followed by "LCD pin outs" or something similar.

Though doing this would render the laptop completely useless and just use it as a screen.

Final Point. PSP Can't browse Internet everywhere. Only when connected to A Wifi access point. So unless you know the WEP and/or WPA keys to all the houses on your street, AND have it to dynamicly assign the closest Wifi point automatically (Which, no the PSP cannot do).

My solution. Get a netbook. Get a 3G PCMCIA Card, pop your sim card in there.
10.2 inch screen, Optional VGA out.
Reletively small and light weight.
(With 3G card) Internet anywhere.

Good luck ;)
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:55:36 AM »
Thanks for the advice rory. The whole point in this is being, i have the parts i need so no money has to be spent, and i will only be using the psp lcd not the whole psp as a base. As for the internet, i know most people with wifi have wep keys and stuff to stop people accessing the net for free but there are some who leave it open. It would only be in case of emegency, like if i need directions or something or to quickly browse my emails. I have easy wifi radar which connects to the best signal and open wifi connections so it automatically does that for me. The whole use of this is so i can take my speedometer clocks off and use my program which i wrote i vb express to display my speed. The thing about using the psp lcd is that it is small enough to fit on the dash of the scooter. If i could find a cheap lcd which could connect to my vga port on my laptop then i would go ahead with that but as there are no cheap ones which do this then i resorted in using bits and bobs which i have lying around the house (psp lcd) The laptop i am using is useless any way so as for micro soldering, its not a problem if i mess it up, this is a project mainly to get me to know the ins and outs of programming using visual basic express, but it would be nice to have a useful application for it (e.g scooter speedometer, which i need). As for the psp, its the first edition of psp so there are no vga on it like the slim has. thats why its just the screen im using. I hope i have explained my project a little bit better, Again thanks for the help, i will browse the topics on here see if i can find the one you were talking about. cheers

Offline joey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
You could just try putting remote joy on your psp and laptop

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:36:59 AM »
Oh, Oh oh oh...
I thought you meant usin your laptop screen as a extension to your PSP.

My bad.

Umm, There is always a chance that will work. If you find the pin outs for the Laptop, and inputs on the PSP screen.
But there are chances of it not working.
H-sync and V-sync issues?
Resolution problems?

I honestly don't know whether it would work or not. Hey, if you can pull this off you could be real big, not only here. Then wait until QJ gets to hear of it :P.

Good luck and Happy Modding ;)
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:03:08 AM »
You said you could create your own program right? Then couldent you just create a program to make the resolution correct for the psp screen?
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »
Its not the resolution thats the problem rceckspurt, its the h-sync and v-sync. I read up on it a little and looks asif you need a controller programmed to the specific timie of the psp lcd. there is a website somehwere that makes these controllers for 7" lcd screens, i found it once and cant find it again! damn web is too big!! anyway im now looking into making a controller for the psp lcd, whether or not i will manage it is another thing tho. And there is a program already out which can control the resolution of any screen if it is plugged into a computer.

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:59:42 PM »
Well, I would just buy the controller. I don't trust myself XD.

Can you get that program for Mac?

I got bored so I installed OSX on my netbook.

Not picking up my screen properly, so I get a massive black line down the side :@

Offline willie19a

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:05:58 AM »
Rory to be honest i have no idea if it works for a mac, have a look on the net, the program is called powerstrip i think. Just found a website that says you can mod a psone screen to take a vga input. I might have a shot at that if i cant get my psp lcd working. I also have a really old laptop with a 7" display so i might have a look for the pinouts in that and see if i can just ue that instead of the psp lcd but to be honest i have no idea if laptop lcds can be changed to a different moddel. I still think that i wud have to have a controller to control the v and h sync as it will be different settings for the smaller screen i wud imagine. But maybe if i used powerstrip then that wud allow me to adjust the settings. i will have a go and post back the results at a later date. Thanks all for the help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal