Author Topic: Working On Sort Of iWish Proto.  (Read 12455 times)

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
Working On Sort Of iWish Proto.
« on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »
I want to make a psp phone, cuz my razor sux. all razors suck =.=,
I know I have to buy a mic, and few more things,
The major thing Im doing is reshaping the psp (faceplate),
A few things I need to do, I need to multiply the USB connections so the mic (ect) doesnt take up the only one in the psp, I dont know how to do that tho, I also need to connect a keypad, well i dont need to but it will be cool,
Its alot of stuff, but the supplies cost less then a new phone  and a psp phone seems cool to me,
I have a spear psp, (so it wont hurt to test this out), It was bricked and I had no idea what bricking was when it happened so I bought a new one , now I have 2 psp, one to test on so I dont screw up on my new one, and one to use what I test,
[/s][/s]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:12:03 AM by TheZap »

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Re: Working On A Psp Phone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »
search psp phone on google, he used a haier cell phone. take out the UMD drive and put it there.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
Re: Working On A Psp Phone
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
search psp phone on google, he used a haier cell phone. take out the UMD drive and put it there.
Hmm, Well, change of plan, Im basing it towards the famouse, never to come, iWish, Im keeping the original shape, but attempting to make it sort of like a sidekick, I want it to have sliding screen with a keypad under it, I need a pad that is skinny enough to fit, anyone want to help me find it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright I made my desighn, I still need to find the keypad, It doesnt have to be the one in the picture, as long as it has everyletter and number, can fit in my psp, (be helpful if it matched the color :P,

I still need help finding out how to multiply the amount of USB connections, I need to make or find a longer wire to connect the screen, the orange one that comes with the psp is too short to slide :P, I need a camera that goes with the 1000 and the real outcome will probibly wont exactly look like this preview, especially cuz im using a 1000 and the preview is a 2000 :P
( I do understand I have to reshape and create a new face plate so it can slide )
Front
Back
Any Questions?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:17:34 PM by TheZap »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Working On A Psp Phone/ Now Working On Sort Of iWish Proto.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »
Only way to make the screen connector "longer" is to hard wire it which only very experienced solder workers can do  :victory:

Like This-
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:30:33 PM by Jumbo »

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
Well, I guess I wont hurt to try, and there is no other way, what do I have to lose :P Now all I need to do is to find the wires, one question,  do I like cut some of the end of the orange to solder the wire and use that end so it can easily connect just like it did b4?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:00:03 PM by TheZap »

Offline pspupgrade

• Club AM VIP
  • King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bother Bother Bother
    • PSP Upgrade
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »
Well, I guess I wont hurt to try, and there is no other way, what do I have to lose :P Now all I need to do is to find the wires, one question,  do I like cut some of the end of the orange to solder the wire and use that end so it can easily connect just like it did b4?
Yes, you need to be very experienced at soldering; those little points are very much close to each other. Folklord did it using magnet wire to solder.
But if you do manage to cut the connector and solder the points together, it should work. If you're looking for a bit of inspiration, take a look at Folk's PSP laptop project. There are some elements that are very much similar in both of your projects.
It's the basics that bring us down.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:37:30 AM »
no thats not true jumbo, you can make a pcb with 2 30pin 0.5mm fpc connectors and a ribbon cable like alein did on his plexi psp.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 03:06:34 AM »
Yeah thats probably the easiest way to go, getting a pre-made cable to act as an extension. Also the keypad off of a mobile phone like the envy may be a good choice. It has to be small to fit into a mobile phone. Whatever keypad you use will have to be reprogrammed to fit the requirements of the psp so keep that in mind. Also the envy keypad will match the black color.  :)
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »
Any Pictures or links to the other choice?
BTW, rceckspurt13 is this the keypad?

Is it too big or too small, or the right size?
( anywhere I can buy only the keypad?)
One more question, shold I leave the screen in the brace? I think I should take it out of the brace and place the keypad there, so it will be easier for me to create a slide, since the brace connects to the UMD area and the analog :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 07:45:58 AM by TheZap »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »
Yep thats the one I mentioned. It should be small enough to fit where the screen of the psp used to be. The whole phone itself is only about as wide as the screen. It should also be pretty slim. I'm not sure where you could get the keypad only but mabey you could find a envy with a broken LCD or somthing on eBay cheap. guess the brace would have to stay because it is responsible for holding the umd door closed and grounding various componants such as the analog. You could cut off the edges that actually held the LCD in place though. It will give you a place to mount the keypad that is off of the mobo a bit.

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 05:14:29 PM »
rceckspurt13
 I can also use a Xbox 360 chatpad :P
:hifive: Your really helpful man, thanks  :hifive:
--------------------
I think I should ask FolkLord for further advice though since his project is very similar
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:35:33 PM by TheZap »

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »
Now I must find a cheap Xbox chatpad =.=
Also, any cheap camera for the 1000?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:29:44 AM by TheZap »

Offline ndru98

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »
GO!Cam?
You can find used ones for about 40.
Also; dont double post; the edit button is there for a reason (;

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Alrights thanks  :hifive:
1 question bout that though, does it record sound?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:36:10 PM by TheZap »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Working On Sort Of iWish Proto.
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
no thats not true jumbo, you can make a pcb with 2 30pin 0.5mm fpc connectors and a ribbon cable like alein did on his plexi psp.
The thing is that might not fit in the PSP unless he is making a bigger custom case...

Alrights thanks  :hifive:
1 question bout that though, does it record sound?
Yes it has a microphone to record sound
Robin made a video using one it looks like this-
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbjXJx0D0AU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MbjXJx0D0AU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:25:48 AM by Jumbo »

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:36:53 AM »
The thing is that might not fit in the PSP unless he is making a bigger custom case...
Yes it has a microphone to record sound
Robin made a video using one it looks like this-
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MbjXJx0D0AU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MbjXJx0D0AU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
Wow, thats actually good quality footage :P
Not so impressive bike skills tho..... :huh:
I might actuallynget it, (hopefully I dont  :censored: it up when I open it to put in the PSP,
about the screen, I guess I will take the easiest or cheapest way o.O

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:25:53 AM »
Got progress pics how far along are you? What do you plan to use as sliders? How do you plan to encase the LCD and protect it and have a nice finish on it keep in mind it needs to be completely sealed. And best way to extend ribbon is to just solder on a 30 pin .5 pitch connector to the end of the cable then buy a new FFC in.5 pitch 30 pins and plug into the LCD then into MOBO.

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »
Got progress pics how far along are you? What do you plan to use as sliders? How do you plan to encase the LCD and protect it and have a nice finish on it keep in mind it needs to be completely sealed.
I got no pics so far, Im planning to desighn the sliders myslelf, Ill take a look at the sidekick and see the desighn for its slide screen, I will have to probibly cut out some of a faceplate to creat the sliding part, and ill have to edit another faceplate to lower the elavation for where the keypad would be, so the screen wont completly stick out, just slightly,  I will probibly have the wire coming out at the bottom tip of the sliding plate so it wont show at all,
Basicly Im going to need a small tool to cut out the pieces, a hot glue gun, a sander to smoothin out the mess, and some paint to replace what the sander left behind.
And best way to extend ribbon is to just solder on a 30 pin .5 pitch connector to the end of the cable then buy a new FFC in.5 pitch 30 pins and plug into the LCD then into MOBO.
Any idea where I can buy this, or can I just easily find it on google, one more question, how much is the price usually around.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:54:20 AM by TheZap »

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »
Idk google it I scrapped mine from a sony DVD drive.

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »
O.. I guess google is my only choice, unless I have one without even knowing
What about the smaller ribbon connected to it, is that important?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:26:53 AM by TheZap »

Offline rgarjr

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
Woahzer.. Some intense fine soldering there on the ribbon cable. 

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
Any One Got A Tut On Making An Internal Camera, I searched it up, but the only tut I found had broken pictures, Maybe I should use the camera on my moms broken razor... Much smaller... Hmmm, or maybe her broken blackberry, I will just have to make them able to go on my psp, which I have no idea how  :dntknw:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »
Any One Got A Tut On Making An Internal Camera, I searched it up, but the only tut I found had broken pictures, Maybe I should use the camera on my moms broken razor... Much smaller... Hmmm, or maybe her broken blackberry, I will just have to make them able to go on my psp, which I have no idea how  :dntknw:
its not able to use them.. The chotto is made specifically for the psp which is why you have to use it. There was a tut but its easy, just open it then solder to the mobo USB cable and if you still want to use the USB solder a switch to the Data +

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
its not able to use them.. The chotto is made specifically for the psp which is why you have to use it. There was a tut but its easy, just open it then solder to the mobo USB cable and if you still want to use the USB solder a switch to the Data +
EDIT: so we can use the mic of a phone but not the camera.. bummer...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:27:30 AM by TheZap »

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »
so we can use the speaker of a phone but not the camera.. bummer...
Theoritacally, if you can identify the pins on the camera, you could use another camera from a phone

Also you cant always use the speaker of a phone, only speakers under 1W, and its MUCH better to have them at 8 Ohms, if not it will sound weird (Im pretty sure the original speakers are 8ohms too)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »
Theoritacally, if you can identify the pins on the camera, you could use another camera from a phone

Also you cant always use the speaker of a phone, only speakers under 1W, and its MUCH better to have them at 8 Ohms, if not it will sound weird (Im pretty sure the original speakers are 8ohms too)
Woops, I ment to say mic, I rather have the psp speakers then the phone, it would sound wierd  :yess:
 Well, b4 I open my moms broken blackberry, you think its possible to use its camera?

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
Nope not unless you have a logic analyzer and a couple degrees in engineering. If you could just use any camera why would we all be spending 60 bucks and waiting 2 weeks for go cam to ship from over seas.

Offline TheZap

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Music Is My Soul
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 11:42:38 AM »
:dntknw: for the fun of it?
:laughing: who knows, maybe some1 will figure it out one day..
Ill probibly open up the phone for the mic and viberating motor anyways.. Might as well check what the camera look like from the inside  :yess:
Well, guys, thanks for all your info so far, I hope all this can come up together
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 11:47:23 AM by TheZap »

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »
you could also use the leds out of the blackberry. the ones that light the lcd and the keyboard.

and yes, the small ribbon is important to the function of the psp. it supplys the power for the backlight so that you can even see the lcd.
That is correct, but doing it the way of the tut on acidmods requires the removal of the umd drive. there is a way to do it without removing it, but it requires mounting the camera and the usb plug from it in the back near the wifi board. its alot of work. it also requires disassembling the chotto which is a real pain. dont attempt it unless your confident with your skills.

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 03:26:57 AM »
Woops, I ment to say mic, I rather have the psp speakers then the phone, it would sound wierd  :yess:
 Well, b4 I open my moms broken blackberry, you think its possible to use its camera?
With the mic, their usually only 2 pins, im not entirely sure but Ive seen it done before

With the camera, by law, the companys have to make datasheets of the product (Dad told me) and that they will show every component they have, their pins etc

Theoritacally if you can match the pins, and it has the same specifications, and you are good in programming to place some kind of PIC and make it think its a go cam, it can be done. But to be honest, its easier just to buy a gocam and disasemble it. Even i have one though that I bought ages ago, very rarely use it though so I might dissasemble it for fun and install it (Nobody ever buys them though)

Also about the motor, f00F00 did it a while ago, but it was more or a proof of concept, he had a motherboard, screen and breadboard with a circuit on it, never installed it/finished it into a psp though. But now thanks to the 2n2222 transistor, you can connect a vibrator to it, although make sure you pick one that turns on with about 3v or have their max near 4v

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal