Author Topic: Callout to AM admins  (Read 6568 times)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Callout to AM admins
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »
Recently there is some guy over on the Tech Game posting Acidmods files as if they were his own. In the following link, he posts a tutorial using what I believe to be all Acidmods material (pictures have AM watermarks):

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=1148558/the-controller-tutorial.html

This guy seems to be trying to build up his reputation in order to get RF sales, and it looks like he is using other peoples work to make himself look good. I already caught him posting up Rapidfire codes from here (Flex and Topfire). He even went as far as to say he was me  :rofl: . I called him out, but he keeps posting other people work anyway, and he does it half-arsed.

I kind of thought it wouldnt hurt as it only shares the info we wanted to be public anyway, but this guy is a complete tool who barely knows what he is talking about. He does not post the information well enough for any of the Tech Game crowd to follow along, and it is becoming obvious that his intent is personal greed:

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=1150445/hey-everybody-read.html

We should flame the  :censored: out of this tool. Or take the high-road and contact the TG admins to this behaviour.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Callout to AM admins
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »
you guys feel free to do what you want but i will draft up a message to the admins. here is what i have so far

Dear poop Admin,

I request as the owner of acidmods.com that you take action against the following Users posts:

http://www.thetechgame.com/IstealfromSe7ensins

The reason for this is he is posting content from our website without permission and also was caught impersonating one of our R&D members. some of the offending posts in question are:

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=1093851/controller-hex-codes-jitter-rapid-fire-more-enjoy.html
and
http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=1148558/the-controller-tutorial.html

Also if he decides to ask permission and is granted any links to any of our files must be available to the public without the need to register.

Please comply with our request as soon as possible.

Regards
Acidmods Administration

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »
It looks good to me.

-TwisT

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
are we granted permission to flame the thread as well??

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »
are we granted permission to flame the thread as well??

Eh... That probably isn't very wise. We don't like when people start flame wars and drag drama to AM. Robin sent the message, lets let him and Hazer take care of it. It doesn't reflect on staff to start flaming other sites. Just a word of advice. Feel free to hunt the guy down and break his thumbs though.

[spoiler]TwisTtheTwiTcH does not accept any responsibility for any acts of physical, mental, or sexual assault even if he suggested them. Execute free will. [/spoiler]

-TwisT

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
i put my two cents on the two topics wonder were he lives though lol:P

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
I guess my mentioning of "flame the guy" lends to a bad example. The forum itself in no way has done anything wrong, as a matter of fact I think they need to be better educated on controller mods to begin with. Most of those users ask the same thing: Where can I buy this or that? They dont even consider the possibility of doing thier own (they even admit they cannot handle a soldering iron). That is all well and fine, but they should also be educated in just how easy and cheap all of what they are purchasing is. If they realize that the mod-shops they glamorize are basically selling $5 in parts that takes 5 minutes to install, they might not be so ready to jump on the $130/controller bandwagon. They need to be informed even if they have no intention of making mods themselves.

But the topic of this discussion is a single guy who outright plagarized Acidmods work. And he is doing so with the public intent to generate sales.

But Twist is correct. It would make AM look bad if alot of our users started filling the threads with flames. Robin is handling it properly.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
i'm not a member of AM on weekends.

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »
I guess my mentioning of "flame the guy" lends to a bad example. The forum itself in no way has done anything wrong, as a matter of fact I think they need to be better educated on controller mods to begin with. Most of those users ask the same thing: Where can I buy this or that? They dont even consider the possibility of doing thier own (they even admit they cannot handle a soldering iron). That is all well and fine, but they should also be educated in just how easy and cheap all of what they are purchasing is. If they realize that the mod-shops they glamorize are basically selling $5 in parts that takes 5 minutes to install, they might not be so ready to jump on the $130/controller bandwagon. They need to be informed even if they have no intention of making mods themselves.

But the topic of this discussion is a single guy who outright plagarized Acidmods work. And he is doing so with the public intent to generate sales.

But Twist is correct. It would make AM look bad if alot of our users started filling the threads with flames. Robin is handling it properly.
what i worte isnt that bad i dont think

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »
what i worte isnt that bad i dont think

It isn't that it is or isn't bad. It is protecting our own. The user crossed a line, and could have brought more drama to AcidMods. What happens if the user messed up a dozen peoples consoles, and they came here and flamed Hazer for conning them or messing up there consoles. Imagine the :censored: storm that would have taken place around the net, Acid Mods reputation is still recovering from other misunderstandings.

I understand the defensive "lets get him" attitude, and I support it. But take the middle man out. By middle man, I mean the other site.

---

Hazer, you should make a profile on the site and explain what you just said here. About them learning - give information from a reliable source. Suggest practicing to solder. Post the real prices for projects ect.

-TwisT

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 04:36:12 AM »
he needs to change his userename from "IstealfromSe7ensins" to "IstealfromAcidmods"

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »
Well i could try to kiss his ass get my way and steal from the guy figure out his business, take a dump on his face and slap him with his own :censored:.

But that would be plain old mean and a waste of my time.

Hes also one of those anonymous :censored:gots which i think its funny, if he lives in the united states and i order something from him hes gotta put a return address on the package and hahhah i got his address easy as pie.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

techninjadude

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
That guy probably has a am account and he wants to annoy the admins

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
yo robin did u send the email out yer

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
yes i sent it last night

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
hmm wonder if there reply the the topics are still up

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 04:31:36 PM »
I bet money, lots of it, this is famas or tech. I will request an ip check
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:43:52 PM by modded matt »

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 04:56:59 PM »
he claims his name is imodgames  if hes part of am check the database

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »
omg what a piece of :censored: site. ive been trying to make aaccount for an hour...and said screw it.

be polite toad, if you want to post, post links to the real tutorials, so people can see for themselves.

and close your post with one word:  FAMAS

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »
That guy probably has a am account and he wants to annoy the admins
you know something about that tech? you know about annoying admins?>.>

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »
it isnt famas

heres the guys youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/KINGxPRODUCTION

this kid is a joke...

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
definitely he's a joke, and definitely he's in it for $, though I laughed pretty hard when I had been through 3 videos that were posted within 2 weeks of each other and he shows pretty much the same stuff in each one, right down to the exact same controllers and controller shells, and makes a big deal about $8 shipping being cheap and the number of flat rate boxes he has (dude, flat rate boxes are FREE)... he talks about "our controllers" stuff he's either selling or modding for people and he just abuses the stuff he has... he makes mention of 'bullet buttons' in multiple vids, but all he ever shows are untouched casings, and then his 12ga d-pads aren't even premade just an empty casing that's already been 'cleaned' LMAO this kid is retarded...

edit:
I just noticed in one vid one of the 12 ga joysticks was all mucked up too, lol none of the side of the brass was trimmed down and the primer was coming out of the brass cap lol and he won't show the backs of the 9mm buttons cause he wants to keep them a 'secret'? there's no secret to it, you either make tabs or you glue the shells onto stock buttons! this would be far more funny if it didn't sicken me knowing that people are buying stuff from this idiot who is putting out subpar crap that he made using tuts that we made and passing it off like it was his...

Oh, and Mac, you may wanna give a shout to Rogue controllers, much as I despise them, they may be interested to know that this kid's 'website' uses their stock pics of the 'bullet buttons' in a controller... HERE Second pic down...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:49:38 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
I get on poop every once in awhile. I came across that guy awhile back and gave him crap cause he was posting hex codes as his own work on there. I read through that entire tutorial he posted and at the very bottom it says "tutorial courtesy of spurgurgle at acid mods". At least hes giving spurgurgle credit lol, but he should be giving all of acidmods credit also.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:57:36 PM by crazy-modder »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
if you're gonna rip off someone elses work then that "courtesy of spurgurgle at acidmods" bit should be in big ass letters and should be the first thing on the page...

and the first one is the only one that credits spurg, all the others make no mention...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:09:42 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
you know i honestly cant believe how many fakers are out there who think its funny to  :censored: with other people who are looking for the right information.

And we should find his email and totally SPAM it to death! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

no but seriously... it took me a week and a half to find a decent tut online or on youtube when i first started modding. And shorty after i joined AcidMods! lol

LONG LIVE ACIDMODS!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:23:18 PM by TwistedMind33 »

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
well if anyone wants me to :censored: with this kid i can dox the :censored: out of him and post his contact info on the internet for all to see who is behind it all.

Yay or nay~  VOTE nao plox

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »
i say yay but also say nay because i want to see this kid get wha he deserves but at the same time i want to set a good example for the guppies of AM.

BTW i love your display pic! Go mutant cat with rainbows coming out its rear!

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »
i love the spelling errors on his site what a dumb poop yet he claims when ever i called him out that was all he wanted to put down there was barely enough :censored: to know what u were doing

Offline joeb0032

• $$$$
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • WTF
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:41 AM »
I wouldn't even worry about any of it.  This kid obviously doesn't know what he's doing and will drag his own "business" to the ground for a huge loss without any of our "help"  :hifive:

"There's always a flaw, you just have to find it"-TwistedMind33

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal