Author Topic: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help  (Read 102511 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Dont bother buying a NANDx they are outdated, JRPv2 does everything it does and more

uninstall the drivers you have now, follow the instructions here http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/85709-New-Xecuter-NAND-X-amp-J-R-Programmer-Drivers and you should have no problems

these are the drivers from TX https://mega.co.nz/#!bwZVjQpC!K9XNvEqqQnyRyzUbz57JS3JQTfVkbz0Cxr61ibSsxT0

Thank you but no change. I did as the site said and deleted the PTL file from system32 and WOW64 after uninstalling and deleting software.

Window did pick up on the hardware and retried to install driver, I then choose the TX file I downloaded from the link you gave me and retried Jrunner

It still will not pick up on the hardware. Though Now WINDOWs does make the connect/disconnect USB sound but NO device is shown even if it shows JRP is connected and drive is shown in device manager.

Do you guys think the jrp is bad?
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
I want to make sure I have everything connect properly

I feel like I need to make sure I am not being an idiot and forgetting something

So I just have the NANDx cable connected to the CR and JRP

I am not sure but something is telling me I should be also using this?

So I read through some of the xecuter forum and found a few with the same weird problem that I am having. Though the same basic solution keeps appearing to reinstall driver with no luck of fixing the issue.

One has even installed window 7 x86 and dual boot with window xp with no fix to the issue.

I don't know guys :/ find of losing hope here not sure what the heck is going on at all with my jrp but the same people who have the same issue even xecuter can not find an answer.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:25:54 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
the wire you have connected to the jrp and the cool runner is correct for programming the coolrunner   , make sure the console is off. and the  coolrunner is on slim and  prog.  and then hook the usb up to the pc and you should be able to program the coolrunner.  Make sure that the console is unplugged. from the power brick. you do not want any power to the coolrunner from the xbox.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
the wire you have connected to the jrp and the cool runner is correct for programming the coolrunner   , make sure the console is off. and the  coolrunner is on slim and  prog.  and then hook the usb up to the pc and you should be able to program the coolrunner.  Make sure that the console is unplugged. from the power brick. you do not want any power to the coolrunner from the xbox.

Trust me Its been unplug. I don't have anything connected to the motherboard other then the jrp to the CR. I set the CR to Prog. and its on slim.

Still I get nothing through Jrunner

I read if you flash the jrp with an old firmware (1.04) that it should work.. Not sure if I should try

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
 what firmware are you on know on the jrp?  should work for you , i wont be home till later so I will get with you as soon as i can on skype to help.

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
what firmware are you on know on the jrp?  should work for you , i wont be home till later so I will get with you as soon as i can on skype to help.

I am on the latest firmware 1.05 and I have skype on always logged in. I crash around 12am eastern time but can always stay up to get this working again

I'll flash firmware and downgrade to 1.04 then try again in a few

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
I Wouldnt Do That But Its Your Stuff. If It Works Then That's Good.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
Ok we figured out the issue he is having, His JRP is working fine, the problem is it will not detect the REV C coolrunner while trying to program the coolrunner.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
should check to see if the pins are bent on the jr programmer where you would plug in the cable. i would also desolder all the wires and then try to program the coolrunner.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:00:13 PM by Gizmo613 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
should check to see if the pins are bent on the jr programmer where you would plug in the cable. i would also desolder all the wires and then try to program the coolrunner.
we checked the pins  they are good. next step  is I am going to send him a nand x and jtag cable to try it if we cant get it to work after he desolders it.

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Thank you rodent, We have tried it all and for strange reasons still will not detect through jrunner.

I have sent you a PM with my address rodent

Let see if NANDx will take care of the random issue and will let me flash CR. 

If not then it might be the CR that causing the dilemma.

Anyways that it for now I'll keep things posted as it comes

in the meantime more work will be done on my mod.   

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
So I am back :) thanks go a great dood Rodent I got the NANDx today in the mail trust me I was excited  :tup:

With rodent on skype we went down the list of things to make sure everything will work out fine.

So first thing first setting up the NANDx on my desktop. Well I was having issue loading the driver. The system kept telling me "driver is not intended for this platform" So Rodent and I went ahead and did some basic troubleshooting with driver. After a Uninstall of driver with software and reinstall of drive I still kept getting the same message. After a while me and Rodent agree that I must restart the computer. So went ahead and did so after the restart I loaded device manager and reconnected the NANDx which kept telling me code: 18 "driver is not intended for this platform" Quickly doing a quick search I found that I had to go to my system32 folder and locate the PTLUSB0.SYS file and Rename it .sys.old then reinstall drive which I have and it did the trick

Now that NANDx was loaded properly

So now then, after a first try I get the same "device not found" respond back so Rodent directed me to try the RGH2.

Basicly un jump section 1 and switch 3 and 2 to 2 and 1

Another atempt

Loading NANDx to Jrunner

Selecting RGX corona_C as stated by Gizmo some post back (Thank you buddy)

Well still bad news..... Looks like in either case the CR is the issue after using Rodent NANDx and going through jumper setting :(

Seems that I will need to buy another CR and before installing flash it then instal.

BUT I will have to put the hack on hold while I gather money. Been a slow month of may and starting june 1 its going to be a very wet one hurricane season starts up again.

I would like to express my thanks to Rodent for lending me his NANDx and helping me through Skype really :) thank you man you are awesome

Gizmo thank you for running me down the price list and helping me on this post :) also awesome.

Thanks to phantomz0 for his Link for the JrP driver off xecuter forum.

Thank you guys really awesome  full of knowledge and I couldn't get this far without you

:drunk: Cheer

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
 :censored: :fear: :sadno: :nono: :sadno: :beg: :cry2: :dntknw:

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
:censored: :fear: :sadno: :nono: :sadno: :beg: :cry2: :dntknw:

I know I know Vision I need to order parts. First selling somethings off trying to get some cash then I can buy my parts. It's a small set back

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
I found another coolrunner. I will try to get it shipped out today for you to help you along.  :tup:

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Ole helpful rodent!!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
I found another coolrunner. I will try to get it shipped out today for you to help you along.  :tup:

Yes! Rodent you are a savior haha  :hifive:  :drunk:  :tup:

thank you Rodent I received the tool today in the mail

So I went ahead and setup rodent the NANDx and CR, as directed by Rodent via skype before I install I need to flash. Well I went ahead and tried to do that after having everything set up and choosing from the RGX corona_c as Gizmo said to use in post back. Clicked "OK" and wouldn't you know, still have the same problem "Device not found" So I left Rodent a PM and thought for awhile. What if I was right and it was my PC...

So i grabbed everything including my Jr Programmer and a copy of Jrunner without my .bin file Went and set up everything at my dad computer. Installed driver for JrP and thought man if this doesn't work I will shoot myself (not really)

After the setup I loaded Jrunner (under admin of course) and crossed my finger.

It was a success!  :tup: :tup: :tup:

I went and chose 2-3 since I have jumper open on section 1 on the cr and jumper from 2-3 to 2-1

So now the only thing left to do is write the .ecc and then see how it boots to get the key :)

Seriously thank you Rodent and Gizmo for your entire help

Also thank you Vision :)

you guys are awesome

:drunk: cheers have a drink on me (I am sober)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:44:11 AM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
So writing the .ecc was direct

So that was quick honestly lol

I guess last thing is to set up the area and start the xell :)

Now ummm O.o what do I need to do on the board? lol do I have to desolder the coolrunner before I turn it on.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:44:58 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
For Gizmo I am sorry :/ this is as good as I can get close range.

When I tried to boot to xell this is what I get, 1 strong RED led then 11 red faded flash in a repeat pattern.

the E,F and 3V3

Better look including the bridge to have the E,F

Underside

The oscillator Cermaic

Closeup of the QSB corona

Post_Out

Not sure if this will help.. I am sorry :/ this is as best as I can get.

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
Make The Wires For E And Fthe Same Length Amd As Short As You Can. Also I Dont See The Point B Being Connected To The Oscillator. Let Me Know How It Goes.

edit: yes you need jrunner to for the network xell boot. the xbox needs to be connected with an ethernet cord to your router. with jrunner running and the console attemtping to boot you will have to hit the scan ip button. this will read the xbox and xell ip address and then give you the cpu key and dvd key.

also you might have to shorten the blue cpu wire, there is an alternate point on top of the motherboard. im at school so i wont be able to look it up for you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:18:29 AM by Gizmo613 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
His B goes directly to ground...

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
the crystal oscillator points should be 1 &4 are power, 2 is ground and 3 goes to point b on the coolrunner.

you do have a 48mhz crystal  yes?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
His B goes directly to ground...

Pin 3 on the Oscillator goes to B on the CR

Make The Wires For E And Fthe Same Length Amd As Short As You Can. Also I Dont See The Point B Being Connected To The Oscillator. Let Me Know How It Goes.

edit: yes you need jrunner to for the network xell boot. the xbox needs to be connected with an ethernet cord to your router. with jrunner running and the console attemtping to boot you will have to hit the scan ip button. this will read the xbox and xell ip address and then give you the cpu key and dvd key.

also you might have to shorten the blue cpu wire, there is an alternate point on top of the motherboard. im at school so i wont be able to look it up for you.

Okie I am going to shorten the line for E&F and I heard that if we shorten the line to the underside to 10 cm it responds better. I'll take pictures and post them. I will also check B on the CR and see if my line has broken off. In either case I'll rewire it using the wire use for the phat xbox 360 which came with my CR.

Thank you gizmo I will also run Jrunner and try again :)

So I went ahead and shorten the wire length

The first image is to show you that I color coded the Oscillator, yellow power (3v3), Green ground, Blue B. I had pin2 to B and pin3 to ground. I had them backwards lol

I used the ruler seen to messure out and cut 10cm for the underside which goes to D

And the rest of the line were shorter to reach the CR.

Thank you gizmo I am going to set up and slide the heatsink back.

Unfortunately in a bit of a frustration I bent and threw the x-clamp away. Do not worry I have the x-clamp fix screw and washer. I need to grind a set because of the post_out board the washer will not fit. I'll post picture later.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:18:13 AM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Well a quick update for now,

Since I bent the hell out of the xclamp and threw it away I went for my xbox 360 RroD fix and pulled out my machine thread screw and washer.

One of the main issue with the fix is the post_out wouldn't let the washer fit right.

A quick fix is to grind down the washer side

Easy fix ;)

I quickly checked over the board and started to test it out. I setup my computer one more time and ran Jrunner and did a network check

I notice that the green LED would stay on for 3 second then shut off and remain off for 5 second and turned back on for 3 seconds in a repeat pattern. I am guessing I need to reflash the CR. Going to set up the NANDx and try RGH2 with RGX and recommended Gizmo cor_C

More update later

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Sounds like it was trying to glitch. did you try turning it on with the open tray button? that is how mine loads xell... I may be wrong but thats my 2c

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Sounds like it was trying to glitch. did you try turning it on with the open tray button? that is how mine loads xell... I may be wrong but thats my 2c

I am going to try that now :) thanks vision for the idea. I'll let you know if anything happens. No I get the same this time the GREEN LED stays on for 4 seconds then shut off for 10 seconds and turns back on for 4 seconds and off 10 seconds in a cycling pattern.

Gonna have to reflash :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:00:18 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
That Means Its Glitching. And Yes You Can Use The Eject Button For Xell. Also Do You Hear A High PitCh Noise Coming From The Crystal Oscillator? You Should.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Cool. I thought that was right.. I almost didn't post in fear of being wrong. Hope this will be wrapping up the saga soon!!!

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
You Can Turn Xell On With The Power Button As Well, As Long As Its Only The Ecc Thats Been Written. If You Write A Hack Image Then It Will Only Turn With Eject Or Whatever Button Its Programed To.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Oh Ok. cool. Like I said, I just wanted to offer what little bit of info I could. The osc isnt squeling for him though...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal