Author Topic: Matrix style controller repair help, won't turn on.  (Read 1114 times)

Offline kmssd

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Matrix style controller repair help, won't turn on.
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:38:43 PM »
Updated last post with new info.
I have a Matrix PCB that I've changed LEDs and put on a Modded Matt's 555 rapid fire. From the start I tore a pad off the P2 LED (the negative side) and made a hole there in the process. That said I fixed that and have used the controller with all 4 LEDs working like they should, but sometimes it wouldn't want to turn on. Normally I just take off the battery pack and replace it or plug in the charger until it turned on. That was good until the other day when it didn't want to turn on all at. So I removed the P2 LED and my repair and re did it. Now it just won't turn on, no matter when I do. Is there something important around the that LED that I could be shorting? I also measure 2.6 volts at TP1 and TP2 with the xbox off plugging in the play and charge wire to the PCB. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:29:03 PM by kmssd »

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
Re: Matrix style controller repair help, won't turn on.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »
Pictures Picture Pictures as best of quality as you can get them

Offline kmssd

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Matrix style controller repair help, won't turn on.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »
Ok, so I was playing a game today and for the heck of it I plugged the controller into the play and charge, but nothing happened. So I just left it there and continued to play. While playing I just bumped it and to my surprise it turns on but didn't sync. After unplgging and plugging back the PnC it decided to sync and charge, which I have a picture of.

Now the question is, could the crystal or some other component be faulty?

Pictures Picture Pictures as best of quality as you can get them
It's not as good as RDC, but I tried. Anyway the photos are below and I made a I picture with a file I found on line to help describe what is on my controller.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:41:43 PM by kmssd »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal