Author Topic: [1708] 7 buttons constantly pressed  (Read 1170 times)

Offline gotowiec27

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
[1708] 7 buttons constantly pressed
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:01:30 AM »
Hi Guys,
I`m new here, so sorry if this is something trivial or was talked over, but I have a problem with my used Xbox One controller (model 1708).
When I first connected it to PC and checked in Game controller tester it had problem with right trigger constantly being pressed (about 2-5%). After that I've decided to update it using official Microsoft  software and it completed successfully, but after another check in Game Tester it shows that now almost all buttons are pressed. (LB, RB, Y, X, A, Options and View).
Not sure where to look for the cause of that issue. Could you please let me know where to start?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:02:48 AM by gotowiec27 »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: [1708] 7 buttons constantly pressed
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:25:24 PM »
Do any of the D-pad buttons register?

How does the controller act on the console or W7/8/10 PC?

All of those buttons there, plus the D-pad, are connected to U4 on the Button/Power board. If the D-pad is also messed up it could be that chip has taken a dump. Could be the update doesn't work with that app or something ended up corrupting the MCU during the update. Easier to tell which of the boards have the issue if you have another functional 1708 to swap them around and at least narrow it down to one or the other first.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline gotowiec27

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:51:16 PM »
Strange thing is that it is acting normal when wired. All buttons work et all.
After connecting it via Bluetooth it shows that those buttons are activated. Any of the D-PAD buttons do not register.

All above was checked using W10 PC. Later today I`ll check it with console and multimeter.

EDIT: Aaaand it stopped working normally when wired.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:28:03 AM by gotowiec27 »

Offline Portu40

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 07:23:11 PM »
Hi do you solve the problem?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 07:37:37 PM »
If all 7 of those buttons are stuck on your controller, it's most likely either U4 has gone bad or some trace or via going to it has corroded and is making it not act right. The Reset line to U4 can go open from a cracked board or corroded trace, via or component and make it act that way.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal